Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Challege ~ GF Dinner Rolls for Thanksgiving Dinner!

I'm always up for a challenge!

I have finally perfected a bread recipe 
that I have pretty much fallen in love with,
(Because of that,
I don't cook it all that often...
I really don't need to eat a whole loaf in one setting, 
and believe me, 
it's that yummy, I just might be tempted!)

Well...bread is great, but it's not PERFECT
when it comes to a Thanksgiving FEAST,
so...

I did a little playing around and came up with 
a Super Yummy GF Dinner Roll Recipe topped off with Cinnamon Honey Butter!
Is your mouth watering yet???  It should be...so, so good!!!

Here we go...

2 C GF Mix *
1 C Featherlight Mix *
1/3 C Sugar
2 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp salt
3 tsp yeast
1/4 C Veggie Oil or Olive Oil **
(I prefer the veggie oil as it does not have a powerful flavor)
1 1/4 C Hot Water
2 tsp rice vinegar
3 eggs

*  Recipes for flour mixes found here
** Side note:  IF I were to be making these for an event other than Thanksgiving, and I wished for a little more flavor in my dinner rolls, I would definitely use Olive Oil and then I'd toss in a tsp or two of my favorite Italian seasonings...yummmm!

In the bottom of your mixing bowl 
( love my kitchen aid )















combine your flours, sugar, xanthan gum and salt.
Then pour the yeast right on top BUT DON'T MIX IT IN!

Just let it sit there for a few while you
grab another bowl,
(I love to use my big Pyrex measuring bowl for this step)

Combine your hot water, oil and vinegar
(yes, it can be hot, because it cools with the oil and vinegar)

Pour this over the top of your yeast 
and set the timer for 3 minutes.
Don't mix, just let it staring working its magic.
After 3 minutes you can start to mix on low speed, then add eggs.  
Mix until well combined.
Set your timer, again for 3 minutes, and beat on high speed.

While the dough is doing it's thing, 
get out 2 cupcake/muffin pans
and grease generously.

About the time you are done with that,
your timer should be beeping away...
...stop the mixing,
scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl,
and this is what you should have.
It will be a bit gooey.  
(Not at all like regular Bread Dough)





















Fill the muffin cups to about 1/2 full...
like so ~ 



















This recipe will fill 2 pans,
yielding 24 dinner rolls.
















Allow to rise for 45 minutes...
they will reach the top of the cup and maybe even just a bit more.

While they are rising,
set your oven to 350
making sure to have your oven rack in the middle.

If it's too low, they just don't cook quite so nicely,
yes, I found out the hard way.  Darn it!

Once they have risen nicely, 
pop 'em in the oven for 18-20 minutes...
mine come out pretty perfect at 19 minutes.
The tops will be golden, in fact, they are pretty golden all around.

Tip them out on your cooling rack and 
















serve with cinnamon honey butter!
Cinnamon Honey Butter is a cinch to make ~
and it's perfect for Thanksgiving!

1/2 C Butter
1/4 C Honey
1 tsp Cinnamon

Combine and whip until light and fluffy!

BONUS:
IF you are looking for a flaky, delish PIE CRUST...search no further,
I've got one for you here!

Wishing you each a beautiful day 
filled with all that foods 
that make your 
taste buds do a happy dance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment