Homeschool Conference!!!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Apologia Review Addendum...

Sadly, I must share an addendum to my previous post,
The Ultimate Homeschool Planner.

It has come to my attention that
APOLOGIA has made a statement regarding the LDS Faith,
if you wish to read it in its entirety, please click below:
http://blog.apologia.com/blog/2013/04/12/is-the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints-lds-mormons-a-christian-religion/#comment-10775

I am saddened by the misconceptions that are made by some.
As I read through the statement, the one thought that stood out to me above all was this:  How would Jesus Christ feel about this?  Would He approve of a group of people looking down on and judging another?  Would He wish to see this happening?  Would He feel this was Christ like?

Making FALSE statements about another group of people (for any reason whatsoever) is wrong; it is sad.
I know with all of my heart, that Christ would be wishing for us to all LOVE ONE ANOTHER, look for the good in one another and quit all the stinkin' nit-picking!!!

As I know many of my readers are LDS, I felt it only appropriate to share this information.
This is NOT in an attempt to convince you that APOLOGIA is BAD...
I just feel we all need to be informed and know exactly where they stand.
While I very much enjoyed the Planner, I cannot endorse a product from a company that so openly opposes the faith of another people.
I do not believe this is what Jesus Christ would want to see from us, and I cannot be associated with a company that is not open and welcoming and accepting of ALL people!

So...I will be spending a little time on my own putting together a planner that fits all aspects of what I wish to use for my family.  So sad, because it really had some good qualities.  (sad face!)

Happy Planning to each and every one of you.  :)