Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Saturday, November 23, 2013

#NaPhoPoMo Day 22...My Daddy!

Day 22 
of this photo posting journey
definitely deserves to be all about 
MY DAD!

His 66th birthday was on the 21st.
We celebrated his life with him a day later 
when all the family could gather together.


I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY love this man!
I love how time has softened his heart.
I love the beautiful memories I have of him
and with him.
I love that he lives close and that I am blessed to be able to see him.

I grew up with a man who provided 
an amazing example of hard work and dedication,
he did what it took, at all times.  
He was and is a perfectionist...
only the best was good enough for him.  
He was always especially hard on himself,
always wishing to be better or do better.
If it wasn't perfect,
it wasn't done.
And he would work like a crazy man until he was finally satisfied with the outcome.  
His example taught me a lot of things 
and I know I am who I am, in part, because of him.  :)

I grew up with a man who, 
despite his difficult childhood,
did his very best to be the very best Daddy he could be.

There are so many magical memories 
that he is such a big part of for me:
camping, 
fishing, 
bike rides and picnics,
baseball in the backyard, 
motorcycle riding 
and snowmobile riding...

YES, he tried to turn me into a boy!

It didn't work out too great for him.
But I gave it my best shot!
I was always willing to be his side-kick, 
I made for a pretty fine tomboy!
(Which has come in pretty handy 
having all these boys of mine!)

I still have a very special note 
he wrote to me 
on one of the most difficult days of my life,
it simply read, "I love you" 
He had placed it on my pillow...

I knew the tenderness that was in his heart; 
he didn't often allow that part of him to show, 
but he knew deep down when it was most needed 
and he came through with flying colors!!!

I love you Dad...
AND I REALLY LOVE
the man you have become!!!

Now blow out all those candles...
we've got a party to get to!

No comments:

Post a Comment