Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trip part 1

Our trip began Thursday evening, well Thursday night, just before 11 p.m. Heading for Nauvoo!!! I really cannot believe we are going on this amazing adventure…let the fun begin !

I drove for the first little while cause I just couldn’t wait to get out of town…the anticipation was just too much! The thought was that if we left at night, the kids would SLEEP and make life a little easier. I didn’t make it too far driving…little bit of a wimp here, I drove until just before Twin Falls and then Dad took over. We drove into the night talking while the kiddos slept…aaahhhh…peace and quiet in a car with a million little people, I know unbelievable, but it really did happen. Dad drove until just before sunrise, we stopped, woke up all the kids to have a potty break and then off again with Dad sleeping in the back seat. We saw the most beautiful sunrise ever in Wyoming. At one point in Wyoming, deep in the night, we hit quite a storm, first rain, then the next thing we knew it was SNOWING!!! September 9th/10th and it’s snowing. Wow! We decided during our travel across Wyoming that it was not the place we would wish to live….ferocious winds the entire time! But they do have an incredible sunrise!

After Wyoming, the drive through Nebraska was a long one! We drove the entire day…finally ending at about 10:30 p.m. in Omaha, Nebraska where we met up with the Kings and slept for the night at a Super 8 Hotel. I’m not sure if I even heard anyone say the prayer, I think my head touched the pillow, or possibly while in mid air, I fell asleep prior to the pillow landing??? Who knows? I just know that I’ve only been that tired a time or two… Our lunch stop was a fun one…we stopped off at Cabellas World Headquarters in Sidney, Nebraska…it was enormous! Walked around, stretched our legs, made eyes turn as people counted our children walking past. But probably the best head turning I’ve seen so far on this trip was this morning at breakfast in the hotel. A couple with one little guy watched as Chad and I and our kids walked in (very nice manners happening here by the way…one happy momma this morning!) Anyway, I could see it in their eyes and it was a little hysterical, but it got better as a few King kids arrived for a little snack. I probably should have said some of them weren’t mine, but I was having too much fun looking at the expressions of shock across their faces. I know, I’m terrible, but it was a funny moment and I just wasn’t ready for it to end. And think of the things they’ll have to talk about for the rest of the day!

Stay tuned for more of our adventure...little bits and pieces comin' your way ;)

3 comments:

  1. I've driven through Nebraska about 3 times and your right...it is a looooong drive. Like it seems it will never end. Also, LOVE that Cabellas. Hope your having a ball. Keep the updates coming:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- we almost went to Nauvoo this summer. I can't wait to see what you think of it!
    Also have been through Wyoming many times- the wind is crazy and I will be making that long drive soon over to Idaho. Not looking forward to it- especially if there is snow.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beckie, we are having the best time ever! Just wish Chad were here, but he'll be back in about a week and a half and then we'll take him to all of our favorites. And then it's back across Nebraska!!!

    Jessica, you really, really have to come here! This has been so special...better than I had even expected. The first couple of days were a little hard, think kids had to get used to being here before they could really enjoy it and feel the Spirit, but it just keeps getting better. When you make it back to Idaho, please let me know, I'd LOVE to see you! And I'll hope for you that the snow doesn't fall until you are through!

    ReplyDelete