Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Friday, September 24, 2010

A Date with Grandpa Nick...a break for the Mommas!!!

So the day the van broke down and while my little Wyatt was snoozing after being loaded up on Tylenol to control his raging fever and headache, Grandpa Nick wanted to take Lynnelle and I out for a "Date". We had a great time, but it was a total secret ~ we had absolutely no idea where we were heading or what we were going to do. After driving past many a corn field mingled with a few soybeans fields here and there, we arrived at this sign...Oh My! We were in for some fun today!!!

If you can't see the sign so well, our arrival was at the Hancock Gun Club, for Private Members only. We were the only ones there. Oh good, no one would witness me making a fool of myself, was my first thought, well with the exception of Lynnelle and Grandpa Nick. It was fantastic, we had a great time. Grandpa Nick gave up some great teaching and safety for the guns, showed us how to load and unload, how to aim using the sights, or is it sites, don't really know, but I think you get the picture. Anway after our teaching moment, he set up free to shoot away.
My very first shot...guess what happened??? You might not believe it...but I really knocked down the bowling pin. WOO HOO...jumping up and down, but carefully mind you, because I do have a loaded gun in my hand!!! We shot several times, using two different hand guns. My preference was definately the 22, not such a kick and a whole lot less scary and raging loud. I guess I'm just a bit of a wimp, but that noise just penetrates my entire being and shakes me to the very core, so the 22 was the best fit for me. On my last time of shooting (10 rounds) I hit 3 down, but one just would not go and then all of sudden I knocked 'em all... 5 bowling pins on the ground!!! PROUD MOMENT for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment