Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor and Play

Wow...our weekend feels like a blur...


Did some work and some play and a whole lotta busy-ness!!!


One of the highlights was attending the SPIRIT OF BOISE GLOW ~ simply beautiful evening for our family! I'm pretty sure most of Boise and the surrounding areas (500 miles in each direction!!!) were in attendance! It was one of those nights that you absolutely wouldn't dream of letting go of the hands of each of your kiddos for fear that if you did you might never see them again!!! But with that being said...it was a perfect evening. The weather was just fabulous, the walk into the park, though long, was such a pleasant thing to enjoy (so long as you weren't in any big hurry, with the millions of other people heading to witness the same beautiful display!)


I wonder if I'll ever get over the awe that lies in the faces of our children ... as much as I enjoyed the display of balloons glowing, one after another lined up, they failed in comparison to blissful light of my children's eyes! To only be able to know what thoughts fly through their little minds...




I'm starting to notice that no matter how hard I try to "Plan" what is happening for our family...the plans are forever changing. With some of our kids getting older, they have so many things to be doing ALL THE TIME! Saturday came around and I had kids in all directions, in fact, I only had my littlest one home with me for a few hours. Lemme' tell ya that is a strange one when you're use to having kids all around you, no matter which way you turn, there's another kid!!! She thought it was great...we had a "date" and that was one happy little person!

Friday night, my hubby took our daughter out for a date...he decided to teach her to drive...aaauuuggghhhh.... I know I should be grateful, and sometimes I am, but I just don't really think I want them to all grow up...can't they just stay little forever??? They REALLY LIKE ME when they're little and when they start getting a little bigger, well, I'm not always their favorite person anymore. Hmmm, I know, this is how it is supposed to be, but that doesn't make it any easier! Well, anyway, back to her driving, she had a blast!!! Loved it, her Dad made her back down a long driveway, park the truck in lots of areas, and took her out on all the back country roads. I asked her when they got home if it was easier or harder than she thought it would be...full of grins, she replied, "It was waaaayyyy easier!" Oh dear, now this is all she's gonna be thinking about, well that and maybe a few cute cowboys!!!!


My boys all did some serious motorcycling this weekend, some on Saturday and then a little today. I just smile as our oldest boy tells me all the crazy stuff he does...
I want to act really supportive and excited for him,
okay, I lied, I really don't want to be supportive,
what I really want to do is yell out something along the lines of:
"ARE YOU CRAZY??? YOU COULD GET KILLED DOIN' STUFF LIKE THAT!
DID YOU FALL DOWN AND SMACK YOUR HEAD TOO HARD?
DIDN'T I TEACH YOU TO BE CAREFUL CAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY BODY YOU HAVE AND IF YOU BREAK IT, I CAN'T MAKE YOU ANOTHER ONE!
DROPPING OFF A CLIFF DOWN TO THE NEXT ONE IS JUST STUPID...WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!???"
But instead of blurting out all of this (like I really want to do) I just smile and say, "WOW HONEY, That's great, just please be careful."
And his reply, as it always is, is a simple, "OH Mom, I'm okay, I'm careful!" another big aaauuuggghhhh!


No wonder my hair is turning unmentionable colors, it has nothing to do with age, it has EVERYTHING to do with my kids!!!


Can't forget the "Fairy" party that our little "C" was invited to Friday evening. She had so much fun. Just before it was time to go, she runs out to the shop, grabs a handful of fabric, runs back into the house and says, "MOM, can you help me cut this out and make me a Fairy dress before we go?" Well, let's just say that couldn't happen, since we needed to leave in 5 Minutes!!! She just couldn't understand why I couldn't whip something up in that amount of time, but she was happy with just throwing it all in her bag and then wrapping herself up however her little heart desired. Sure wish I had some photos :)


And to end our weekend, with this Labor Day, my hubby and I did some labor and some play. We had a big commercial carpet cleaning job downtown, we left bright and early this morning, before it was even slightly bright outside. While we were working, Grandma asked if she could pick up the kids to play with cousins for the afternoon. Great! So when we completed our Labor part of the day, we did a little playin'! Went for a beautiful drive together and had such a nice time talking and laughing...Have I ever mentioned how very much I LOVE that man!!!??? We ended our afternoon together sitting on a patio overlooking the river...peaceful.


A great weekend :)


Now, on to the next couple days of school and then preparing for our travels to Nauvoo...what fun we have ahead of us, just wish my hubby was going to be joining us!


A thought to leave with you...saw this earlier and I loved it!
It is never too late to care, share, hug a loved one or to say I love you. Never too late to do a good deed, to whisper a kind word or to offer a hand in need. Never too late to flash a smile, laugh or enjoy a meaningful moment. As long as you're willing to give it a go, it is never too late. Let's get out there! Make ...today a truly memorable day, a fabulous day, a super sensational day that you'll cherish forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment