Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Random Ramblings...

What a weekend...
I think I need a "weekend" now just to recover from our crazy weekend!

Our Friday Night Dinner Party
a.k.a. "The Man Feast"
was fantastic!!!
Great friends, food was yummy, tables looked pretty,
we didn't run out of food (always one of my biggest worries)
lots of laughing and mingling and smiles...
love seeing the smiles!

While all of the prepping and last minute touches were happening for the Man Feast, I had my hubby and boys preparing for a scout camp out and my 3 youngest kiddos heading out for a Primary Practice for their Primary Program that happened this morning.  It was feeling a little crazy at my house!

Just the night before (Thursday night) was a Pack Meeting for Scouts...
I am the Cub Master for the Cub Scouting Program...
Our focus for the evening was Veterans Day ~
we talked of the responsibility we have as citizens and then we spent some time with a friend of ours who spoke to the boys and answered questions regarding his time in Iraq. 
I feel it is imperative that our boys
(meaning all of my little cub scouts ~ all 20 + of 'em!)
have a love and an understanding of our rights and our freedoms, I want them to understand that our freedoms do not come free and that it is because of our Veterans that we enjoy the lives we do.

Saturday morning, bright and early...all of my own boys, together with all the other scouts, gathered at our home to head out for a morning of "Scouting for Food"...this is a beautiful program that benefits the communities we live in.  The Boy Scouts go out and gather food to donate to the hungry.  I love the service opportunities these boys have...what a blessing they are to others!

Saturday was also packed with a little fun time for me...
SUPER SATURDAY!!!
I spent a little time crafting...
I mastered Bow Making ~ yippee...
Wigs me out just a bit that I haven't even given a thought to the fact that Christmas is right around the corner. 
Haven't the foggiest idea what anyone might receive...
but I do know...
whatever it is --
it will look unbelievably fantastic under our tree!!!
I am planning to have the cutest packages ever under my tree with adorable bows...can't wait! 
I'm thinking I might have to wrap a few cereal boxes just so I can add extra presents under the tree; what kiddo doesn't love a box of Sugar coated Sugar??? 

I learned a few new techniques for pie making ~
I'm ready to give them a shot...
I need to master a Gluten Free Pie Crust and then I'll give all the cute little extras a go!

I did a little painting and made a new necklace.
If I ever get around to it, I'll post a few photos...
My phone just takes
F O R E V E R
to get the photos...so tonight it just can't happen.

Then Saturday evening ~ a date night with my hubby!
LOVE date nights!!!!!!!

We headed to the Cheesecake Factory...
a friend of ours is the Chef there ~
after our divine dinner,
he invited me back to tour the kitchen ~
Yep, he knows I am a food fanatic...
so he shared his love of cooking with me.
He has been so kind and has shared a few of his little secrets...
love all the helpful tips ~ it is inspiring to me and makes me want to just keep learn and experimenting.
My family is pretty happy that I LOVE cooking for them!

Saturday evening after our yummy dinner together,
my hubby walked with me in to the mall so I could sign up for a cooking class with Williams Sonoma...
I am really excited for it. 
I just have to be careful to not feel inadequate...

I am fairly simple
not too fancy
I just try to cook the yummiest stuff possible
and then attempt to make it look fantastic as I serve it...
BUT
I fail in comparison ~

SO GUESS WHAT???

I'm not gonna compare...
why ruin it for myself???

I'll just be me
and do the best I can do
and then be happy with it
and if I can learn some extra great stuff ~
great...
and if it feels too BIG, I'll just stick to what I do and be happy.
Moving on to today, Sunday...
My little ones sang beautifully in their Primary Program at church today ~
makes my heart smile!
Little people just have a way of bringing out the best in big people!

Spent time with all my kids and my little grand babies tonight...
it's so good to have them all with me
(even if I'm falling asleep on the couch after such a big weekend)

Monday will hold a bunch of fun stuff in the Lytle Household...
Preparing for Science Fair Projects
and
my
cooking class later in the day...
bundle those up with our regular routine
and it's sure to be a whirlwind.
I'm thinking the perfect way to start out such a day will be with hot cocoa and snuggling..then we'll move on to the busy-ness of it all!
I'll be sure to share my kiddos Projects with you...
LOVE Science Fairs!!!

Have a wonderful week ~
I'll be talking with you again very soon.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment