Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Breakfast is served...

The following breakfast recipes are all gluten free...
but don't click away...
they are DELICIOUS!!!!
and they won't give you a tummy ache when you eat them.

It used to be that when I would make pancakes (also from scratch) that my little one would be rolling around on the floor, holding her tummy, crying...those days are over...no more tears ~ just smiles and happy tummies!

And the very best part...
I seldom tell people that what i am serving is gluten free and I end up hearing the nicest compliments such as, "These are the BEST pancakes I've ever had, are they from a box or a mix?" 
Never do I hear, "oh, these are pretty good for being gluten free." 
That's just an insult wrapped in a pretty bow.


(For the flour mixes below, simply go to my post titled:  Gluten Free Flour Recipes)


Pancakes
4 C All Purpose GF Flour Mix
2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 C Sugar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp baking powder

Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl...
Mix the following ingredients together in a separate bowl
6 eggs
3 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk
(feel free to use any type of milk you desire, Coconut Milk that is vanilla enriched is my favorite!)
2 tsp Vanilla

Pour over top of dry ingredients and mix gently with wire whisk.
Stir in 1 Cup Melted Butter.

With 1/3 C measuring cup, pour onto hot griddle...
Cook until bubbly, then flip...should be nice and golden brown.
I will often use my spatula and "smash down" after cooking on the first side to ensure that they cook nicely all the way through.

So yummy!

Buttermilk Pancakes
Follow all dry ingredients for pancake recipe above

In separate bowl, mix together
6 eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
3 1/2 C Milk
1 Tbsp vinegar (this will make your buttermilk flavor)

Follow as you would for the regular pancake recipe adding the melted butter and cooking just the same.


German Pancakes
This will make one 9 x 13 pan...I usually double this recipe to feed my little army!
Preheat oven to 425*


1 Cup Featherlight mix
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Cup Milk
4 eggs beaten
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix dry ingredients together.  Mix eggs, vanilla and milk and pour over dry ingredients, mix well!
Put 2 Tbsp butter into your 9 x 13 baking dish and put into your oven for about 2 minutes until the butter is melted.  Tilt your dish to make sure the butter has full coverage on the bottom...then pour your pancake mixture into the dish and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
Watch to see the amazing creation happening in your oven ~ each time looks a little different!
Your edges may become a little crispy while the center continues cooking, it's okay...this may be my very favorite part!

You are sure to love this buttery dish...Serve hot with powdered sugar or syrup.

Golden Pancakes
This is a fairly small serving...so I don't make them quite as often.
This pancake is the most filling pancake I've ever tried!  They cook up so nicely, I love 'em!

In a blender combine:
2 Cups uncooked oats
6 eggs
2 Cups Cottage cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp sugar

Blend until nice and smooth, about 1 minute.
Pour batter, 1/4 C each and cook on hot griddle.
Serve with fresh berries or syrup.

These are a great source of protein!!!


 To ensure that these are gluten free, just use gluten free oats.


In my opinion, you can never have too many great recipes for breakfast...more to come!!!  :0)

3 comments:

  1. Seriously? NO flour in the golden pancakes? JUST oats? Wow. When I look at the picture, that just seems incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen...
      Wanted to let you know the recipe I made at the retreat is the first one on this list.
      You will have to try the golden pancakes, I couldn't believe they would be good or even cook up properly, but they are wonderful!!! The oats do the trick...no flour needed. I really can only eat 2 very small ones and I am stuffed!
      You'll have to let me know what you think. :0) Happy cooking to you sweet friend!

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to try some of these. I have been avoiding doing any baking but you have piqued my interest!

    ReplyDelete