Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hoping for Something Magical...

It's not a competition...
It's not a competition...
It's not a competition...

If I keep telling myself this
maybe I won't feel like I'm losing!

Keep smiling  :0)
And remember that this isn't about who is right and who is wrong and one of us doesn't have to come out the winner and the other the loser.

It is just about keeping a beautiful relationship alive and well
while at the same time hoping to accomplish what is best in the end for all.

This evening, I spent a little time visiting with Mr. Lytle about how I am feeling regarding The Questions of my Heart (Previous Posts)
He desperately tries to figure me out...
He finally said to me, I think you just hope that Something Magical Will Happen and you want to make sure it does...
You live in a world of Magical Thoughts ~
that's why you love Disneyland so much.
He is delightful to me ~ he kissed me on the forehead at dinner knowing that my heart is so tangled in knots ~ he really does try to help...but he also wants to give me space to work things out.

Is there something wrong with this kind of magical/wishful thinking?
Am I "not getting it"?
Am I pushing too hard?
Can you hope to much?
Are Magical things still possible?

After speaking with Mr. Wonderful, I moved on to his wonderfully sweet son...
I expressed my thoughts and my Magical Desires to him,
just KNOWING that he would totally embrace everything I had to say and that we'd all live happily ever after in my little magical wonder world I've tried to create for everyone around me...
He shot it all to pieces --
in a very respectful sort of way,
he was kind and considerate --
just very honest and forthcoming with his point of view.

I smiled, told him I loved him and left him in peace,
no crying, no yelling, no forcing...just loving.

I hope that will bring about the something magical I pray will happen for him.
He knows that he means enough to me for me to listen and to respect and to trust in him ~ and I do.

Now I will just pray for another magical moment to touch his heart and continue to build in him all that he will need in this life to be strong and steadfast.

Special little note: 
IF you read my last two posts...
you will notice that I said I would do the whole Mutual Respect thing, but that I MIGHT blow it and just blurt out the famous words ~ BECAUSE I'm the MOM, now DO IT!!!  But I didn't, I totally kept my cool...I did exactly what I hoped I would be able to do...
BRING on the MOTHER OF THE YEAR AWARD...
I need it NOW,
don't know how long I can keep up being so good!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment