Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Auction Day has come and gone...

A day that I've dreaded for some time now has passed.
I've tried to busy myself enough to not have to think about it...
I've done a mighty fantastic job of avoiding such a tender subject.

The home of my dreams
the home I watched my babies grow up in
the home in which we all learned how to work together
the home that is no longer my home
is
really
no
longer
my
home
forever.
The hope of ever returning
gone.

November 6th our home went to auction.
With it went my white picket fence dreams.
I wanted so badly to be there,
I wanted to blurt out that this was my home
and that it just didn't feel fair
or right
that it's not okay to mess with people's lives when they are doing all that they can do
I wanted to yell at someone
and tell them how rotten they had treated us
that we are good people
not losers
that we had dreams and hopes and desires...

instead
I voted
and
I taught school
and I cooked
and I cleaned
and I counted my blessings.

I looked around me
and
I
smiled.

I am happy
I am at home
I am okay
We may not own this house
but it is our home
and it is warm
and happy
and comfortable.

I can still dream here
my babies will continue to grow up here
we will continue to work together
and to grow together
and to be close together
because
love is here.

So auction day...
you came
you took
you are gone
and
I forgive you
it's okay
I've moved on
and
behind that tear or two
is a smile
that will endure all.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. You are a great friend.

    I love your heartfelt posts. I know we always want the best for our children. It's so easy looking back through our experience to see we think things should be, but it seems to be so difficult to watch them learn and grow (with our guidance). Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffani...I really am okay.
      I am so happy to have you as my friend...remember, next time it's a crummy day, I am only a phone call away. :0)

      Delete
  2. oh gosh Stacey. I can not even imagine going through this. Yet you did with style and aplomb, while I whined for a pancake recipe. You rock, my dear. I know everything happens for a reason and I don't know why THIS happened to you. But I do know that you ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...YOU are AWESOME...
      thanks for making me feel like I ROCK!!! So sorry the pancake recipe took FOREVER...thanks for your patience.

      I also know that everything happens for a reason and I can actually see many reasons why this particular thing happened in our life, it didn't make it easier in the beginning, but time does heal and I can honestly say I am happy and okay.

      Good luck on the pancakes...I'll keep posting some more recipes for you to enjoy.
      Take care and thanks for your sweet words tonight!

      Delete