Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Really...A Palace?

Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of--throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage,
but He is building a palace.    C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

This sinks deep inside me...I can really understand this one, it makes sense and I can believe that this is His plan and I know that His plan is best...even though it's a touch scary from time to time.  As a parent, I can also relate because I see the "palace" within each of my precious children!
Our life may not be the one we thought of...
sometimes it feels a bit overwhelming, maybe even sad on some days...
we may have had to go through a few walls being knocked down,
a new wing or two added,
and those towers ~ well they are a little painful in the making,
but oh the beauty they've added! 
And then I find myself speaking out loud:
"Okay, that should do, I've gone through enough...I'm happy with all of this, I've reached my level of comfort...You've done some great additions and the deletions were precisely what needed to go...
So, I'm good now, right? 
Don't need anything else to change, right? 
Right???? Or not so much?  Oh dear...
More changes?  More growth?  More pain? "

I find that just about the time I start feeling a little comfortable, HE decides that maybe I need another remodel, maybe I'm ready to add another floor, maybe He needs to yank that old roof off and start fresh ~  I want to protest, "it's okay, I'm a little leaky from time to time, but it'll do...REALLY, I don't need another remodel, I am really quite content being a decent little cottage!  Please stop, I don't need that new floor or roof, I'm okay this way..."  
No matter my protests ~ He will do what is best for me...just as I do for my children...because He sees something within me that I could never fully see...again, just as I see in my children all the potential in the world!
So I will accept that being a simple little cottage is apparantly not in His plans for me
and I will trust in Him that I will one day become the PALACE He knows ME to be.






No comments:

Post a Comment