Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baby Shower Surprises

So last weekend, I enjoyed my afternoon at a baby shower for our niece, Ashley. 
We did the usual, eat and visit, take our best guess at when the baby will truly arrive, eat and visit a little more and play a few silly games.  Well, I don't usually win any of the baby shower games, you'd think I could since I have plenty of my own little ones...???
Anyway, on this particular day, I was one of the WINNERS!!!
YIPPEE...
I found it a tad bit interesting that as Ashley and Christy (my sis in-law) were handing the "prize or gift" over to me they were laughing hysterically...why would a person be laughing that I won the game? 
This should have been my first clue that maybe I wouldn't want to open this little pink paper sack to unveil the hidden gift...
But I'm not super bright at times, so away I went opening this cute little package.
Inside was a little box that I'm pretty sure this body should never have to use again...I've definitely used my fair share of these little do-dads!  The laughter was something at that point!!!

I made sure to point out to all of them that I had no intention of ever needing this handy little box again (not that I don't love those precious little bundles, but this body's days of making babies is past...if you want to just hand one on over to me, I'd take it in a heartbeat, but not if that little bundle needs to come out of my body again)  I think my hubby would be signing me up at my first appointment for a c-section...he never wants to see me go through another labor & delivery...

So, maybe winning the prize after a game isn't all it's cracked up to be....
Next time, I'll just be content to watch others win and I'll do what I do best...eat a little and visit a lot!  

1 comment:

  1. So. Dang. Funny. - How you Screamed - AAAHHHHH! I should never have to use one of these again!!! Take this Back!!!

    Loved your Enthusiasm... :)

    ReplyDelete