Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A little preservation...

So what do Egyptian Pharaohs, dead chickens and jam all have in common?

They all happen to be the main event of the beginning of our school year!!!

We are digging into the history of ANCIENT EGYPT.
We are mummifying Chickens
and we are making a big delicious batch of Raspberry and Strawberry jam!

The Chickens and the Jam are to show a variety of ways we can "preserve" things.
We also brought in a Mortician ~ he gave us his whole ta-do about how bodies are preserved now in comparison to the ancient ways.  Mighty fascinating.

I still have to say that I cannot for the life of me understand WHY ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would EVER wish to have such a yucky job!!!  But that is beside the point...he was fantastic!  And I guess some one's gotta do it...right?

Well, the chicken mummification is a process...one that will come with some photos soon.
The FUN part about it is that we are actually mummifying TWO CHICKENS...one is the RICH Chicken and the other, you guessed it, the POOR Chicken. 
More to come on all of this and just HOW we began this lovely little process...
stay tuned!

Tomorrow morning is our Jam making day!

I am pretty sure I am one of the luckiest people on the planet!!!
I have the most amazing group of women who bless me with their presence twice a week as we gather our families together for CO-OP!!!

Each has such a unique set of gifts and talents that they bring to the table, making this the BEST co-op ever!  We have a very large group of kids, but it works beautifully!

So excited to venture down this crazy road again with such fabulous women!
We'll be studying
World History
World Geography
Science
and the History and Significance of Mathematics along with all the Mathematicians!
The kids also have the opportunity to prepare a topic each month in which they will "STAND AND DELIVER" to the crowd...I absolutely LOVE this part! 

Well, I am going to venture back to my bed and give sleep one more shot.
Toodle-ooo...

No comments:

Post a Comment