Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Sunshine & Flowers...

I recently went through massive blood tests (checking on my thyroid problems) and the doctor determined that I was also quite Vitamin D deficient ~ I need more sunshine...
He wanted to load me up on med's (I did take some Vitamin D) but decided I didn't need all the other stuff, I just need more sunshine, more fresh air, more time outdoors enjoying life instead of always being too busy inside...

Well, I have never taken the time, nor spent the money, to buy and plant flowers until this year. I had a big garage sale, took the money from that and found flowers that were beautiful and made me smile. A sweet friend of mine invited me over to rummage through some old rusty goodies, I happily used them to do all of my planting. I absolutely LOVE it, it is really Me and yes, it makes me smile each day that I am out watering and caring for them.
Not only do I get to enjoy the sunshine and the benefits of it, but I have a sense of happiness just watching the flowers bloom. I find it fascinating to see the direction the flowers move throughout the day searching for the warm sunshine, it is enchanting to me.


Take a look...








My last thought to leave you with...If you are feeling a little down or a little "not yourself" maybe you are a bit Vitamin D deficient ~ I have found it fascinating to learn how such a small deficiency can affect so many areas of life. I added Vitamin D and Calcium & Magnesium to my daily intake and an hour or so out in the sunshine each day and I feel so much happier. I never knew I could enjoy my flowers and small garden area as much as I have.
By the way, if you were wondering ~ my very favorite flower of them all is the Gerber Daisy...they are just the happiest flower ever!!! Doesn't even matter the color, they all just bring a smile across my face. :)
Hope you have a week full of sunshine and smiles!!!




4 comments:

  1. I love Gerber daisies too! My doula gave me a bunch of pink ones after the birth of Julianna. They brought a smile to my face!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, I have lots of bright yellow flowers and have a ton of seed. They are daisy shaped and grow with very little care. I would love to share some seeds or starts! I also have lots of other perennials that need divided. I hate just throwing the extras away, so please come help yourself. I can't grow vegetables to save my life, but flowers and raspberries grow like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,

    I will have to take you up on that...let me know when a great time is for you and I'll stop by for a bit.
    It is very much my opinion that if you could only grow two things, you picked the best ones...delish raspberries to eat while you enjoy the beauty of flowers ~ what could be better!!!
    Have a sunshiny day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard looks really great. Very pretty & countryfied.

    ReplyDelete