Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Take my breath away!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

In each and every day there are "moments" that can take our breath away if we will but "see them"! They are there, we just don't always take the time to recognize or appreciate the moment.

When your kids run in for you or call for you ~ are you available to them? Do you joyfully come to them, respond to them, run and play with them, go and see and do with them?

I was soooo grateful for the beautiful sunshine we had today...it helped me to be the kind of momma my kids need and deserve. I'm sometimes such a pansy when it is too cold outdoors and I'd rather just stay toasty and warm indoors and watch them through the windows. BAD MOM!!! I need to be going and seeing and doing WITH them, those will be the "moments" for them and for me that we will always cherish. They don't want me to see through the window, they want me right there holding their hands, splashing in the puddles, looking at the budding trees and flowers, riding the bikes, rolling in the grass, jumping on the trampoline and swinging 'till we can touch the sky together! This time will go fast and right now I am the luckiest person in the world 'cause my kids want me there, I'm important to them, I'm special, I'm fun and sometimes I'm even a little crazy! We laugh together and I love those special times!

I learned a great lesson from my little girls today while we were walking in the park. There were several large groups of high school kids running (my guess - a P.E. class or track team) group after group passed us, and finally one of our girls said, "Wow, why is everyone in such a hurry around here?" I laughed and then thought about what she had to say and how she perceived that moment. As moms, I think we often feel like we are always in hurry, rushing here and there, food to cook, laundry to do, boys to scouts, girls to piano lessons, 4-H meeting if 15 minutes, bills to drop off to the post office, little ones to read to, older ones to help with math or biology, (take a big breath) and then we're off to....... It hardly feels like there is time to enjoy this busy life. But we do have the blessing of deciding how to spend our time! Maybe we need to just take that breath and ask ourselves why is everyone in such a hurry around here? Why am I in such a hurry? What can I let go of? What is important?

I do know what is important...So no matter what the weather brings or what the busyness of life brings, I am going to be there right beside them soaking it all up, loving our moments! Because in this life I really have no idea how many breaths I might be blessed to take, but one thing I do know for sure is that the moments that take my breath away could be (as my kids would say ~ infinity plus one!) And I don't want to miss a single one!

No comments:

Post a Comment