Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Family Home Evening ~ Peacemaker Award!!!

Is contention just raging in your homes somedays???

I hope for you it is not, but I pray that it is not just happening in my home, with all my children...If so, I must be doing something terribly wrong!


Well tonight was our great attempt at doing all we can as parents to try to curb this behavior. We are implementing the Peacemaker Award. Who wouldn't want to earn this incredible title?! My sincere hope is that ALL of our children will want to earn this honor on a daily basis...I know I am probably dreaming, but I am going to go for it! And what is life without a dream.

Here are the scriptures we started with and then we presented the awards to be earned...to begin with we'll be going with the basic method of bribery ~ your choice of candy for fabulous peacemaking abilities...I'm not above bribery! I know we'll have to be creative to keep this as an incentive, but I believe this was a prompting for our family and so onward we go!!!

I printed the following out on card stock to post next to our sign announcing the winning family member of the Peacemaker Award ~


Peacemaker Award
Do you have what it takes to be a Peacemaker in this world??? In this family??? In your heart???
Matthew 5:44 says, “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.”
Matthew 5:9 says, “Blessed are the peacemakers; for they shall be called the children of God.”
John 13:35 says, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
Proverbs 15:1 says, “A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.”
Romans 12:14-21 reads, “Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink; for in so doing thou shalt reap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.”
Romans 12:10 says, “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another.

“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” -- Marcel Proust


No comments:

Post a Comment