Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Unto one of least of these


For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in.
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you. Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:35-40

This past week in our home, we have enjoyed a week of service for others. Pictures here are from blankets the kids are making for the LINUS PROJECT.


Each of our kids went to purchase the fleece of their choice. They purchased with their own money and then did all the preparation and cutting to give to children who are in hospitals.


It fills my heart with total joy to watch them happily doing this work for someone else...someone they don't even know!

I truly believe one of the best gifts we can give them as parents is to teach them to love others and to be willing to share that love!

A tremendous blessing of teaching them service from the time they are just little ones is that even as teenagers, they see and feel that the work they are doing makes a difference to others!


During our week, we also did work for the people in Haiti. The devastation that is there is hard for us to understand. We wish we could do more, but have to believe that every little bit helps ~ just think about it...if EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN AMERICA would just put in a touch of effort...what a difference we could make for those people!
We took a field trip to our local Deseret Industries Humanitarian Center to deliver 12 Hygiene Kits we had put together. The kids felt so great believing that these would go to kids or adults in Haiti who would need the things in them.
I Loved every moment of watching them...as we walked out the door, I asked them how they felt...it was beautiful because their comments were all basically the same, "We feel so good inside!"
It really doesn't matter where or how we serve...but we should always remember that when we are in the service of others, we are in the service of our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment