Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Christmas Present...


My Dear Husband made this special box for me for Christmas. I knew he was up to something ...but little did I know it would be something as wonderful and precious to me as this is!

I have always kept a box, which eventually turned into two boxes, for all of my "special treasures".

The first one I actually called my "Chad Box", because it was filled with all of the little love letters and cards that he'd given to me, I added to it tickets from events we'd gone to, some special photos and various things that made me think of him. After all of our kiddos kept coming, sweet little things about them were also added into these boxes ~ seems only appropriate ~ they were gifts to me also! Definitely my "special treasures" in this life!!!

Well, now I have this amazingly beautiful piece of work that my husband put so much love and effort into that I can put all of my treasures into.

I actually referred to it as "My Treasure Box", but the kids said that sounded too much like a Pirate's Treasure...so I haven't come up with the perfect name for this new treasure of mine!

Anyway, you must see some of the incredible detail that he added because he just knew I'd love it...and I do!
The metal on the sides is so ornate and beautiful, I wish it would show up a tad better, but hopefully you can get the idea. The wood is a knotty alder and it is so perfectly smooth across the top ~
That sweet man of mine never ceases to amaze me!
Yep, he's pretty wonderful! I am one lucky woman...like I said at the top of the blog ~ He is my greatest catch ever!!! Love that man!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the feet photo and title - what a great way of thinking!
    Sarit.

    ReplyDelete