Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why do I do the things I do...

My Dear Husband recently asked me why I started this blog, who I am writing it for, why I want to do blogging??? He wasn't asking me not to do it, I think he just wanted to understand why it is so important to me. Well, to tell you the truth, I really didn't have any answers to his questions. But it has given me a lot to think about.

What I've come up with is that I started this blog out of a need to CREATE.
Who I am writing it for was a really big thing to ponder...I guess I'm still not certain of the answer to that one. I believe I am really just writing it for little ol' me. But if it were truly just for myself, wouldn't I just jot everything down in a personal journal? Maybe I am writing it with thoughts for whoever may be "out there" who needs a moment of hearing what life is like for another woman, mother, wife, sister, friend. When I put in some of my thoughts, they are usually things that have come to me in some way, either in the quiet of the shower or early in the morning just before anyone else is up and needing me, sometimes as I am deep in my reading or possibly some treasure that has been passed on to me or that I've been blessed to receive. I feel such a sense of comfort when I share (again, I have no idea who it is I am "sharing with") these thoughts that bring peace, joy, or laughter to me.
His last question was why do I want to do blogging? Well, I have this incredible desire to have a beautiful journal of the happenings in our life...filled with photos and thoughts...I am TERRIBLE at making this happen. Out of seven children, only the two oldest have baby books and the second one is pretty sad! It is not that I haven't had the desire to put all of their beautiful photos or their crazy things they do and say down on paper, it just seems that life is so full that it never happens.
One day, I had a thought about this...I could spend hours on end trying to catch up on putting their lives into a book or I can spend hours on end enjoying life with them now. I believe they would wish for the latter and so that is what I've chosen.
But, doing a blog, is different. I can accomplish "journaling & scrapbooking" in one shot while at the same time creating a piece of work that brings me great joy. The best part is that I don't have to get out all the supplies, cover my counters or table or floor and have it all there for days on end as I create the perfect page (yes, one page would take me forever because I would need it to be just so!) I can do a little here and a little there...I can sit down in the wee hours of the night if I am wide awake and can't sleep or I can sneak a moment in while all of my kids have run outside for their lunch break.
I guess my last thought on all of this blogging is that I think I find myself while I write, I love to write, but just don't really ever find the time to do it. I should re-state that thought...I just haven't made the time to write. The time is always there in my days, just as it is in yours, we just have to decide how we wish to use our time.
So, now I have answers for that sweet man in my life...I think I'll send him to my blog for a reading moment!
Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment