Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

May...

May is such an interesting time for me...

Each year I go through the exact same emotions and feelings, yet I find that I am always surprised by the  intense overwhelming feelings that accompany this time of year.  I have come to a conclusion (and hopefully by writing it here, I will not forget it come this time next year)...there is truly no need for a Spring Break in March or April...who wants or needs a "break" from life when the weather is less than desirable and you are moving along in a great sort of way...things are not "too much" at that time...we are  usually bumping along just fine in March and April, completely content in our little homeschooling world. 

But there is something about MAY...
I haven't actually been able to put my finger on it,
but I am guessing that it has a tremendous amount to do with SPRING FEVER...
the weather is beautiful,
we have a true need to be outdoors soaking up the fabulous sunshine...
we are all growing weary and tired of the day to day school schedule...
we need to be productive in a different sort of way...
school is productive,
but the kind of productive I am talking of is the digging in the dirt productive,
the planting flowers productive,
the trimming branches productive,
the walking around the yard marveling at the flowers popping up and the green buds sprouting on the trees productive....

I really think if I allowed myself a good full week to truly enjoy and soak up the Splendid Springtime Fragrances and Beauty,
 
 I'd be good...I'd be ready to continue tackling school and work and all the indoor "stuff" that is required at my hand each day...and I could do it all with a great big sincere smile...

And more than that, I think our kiddos would also appreciate this true "Spring Break" and would quite possibly be a touch more cooperative and willing to complete their tasks...
There is a reason that kiddos act up...I don't know that they, themselves, always know "why" they are misbehaving ~ I think they simply cannot help themselves ~
the outdoors are calling them and they can't fight it,
so they have to Fight me..and that's just no fun at all!
Well, I for one, am done fighting, I give in to them and to me and guess what ~ WE ALL WIN!  :0)

SO ~ next year, Spring Break for the Lytle Family will officially be held in May! 
I will be putting this on the calendar so that next year I don't go through the same silly wondering that I have done for the past who knows how many years....
Whew ~ All My Problems Are Solved!

Now let's go plant some flowers!

1 comment:

  1. YEEESSSSSSSSS... I despise May time school. All I want to do is be outside and play, but we're stuck inside learning silly things. Oh well, school is done soon :)

    ReplyDelete