Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fun Times ~

May 7th was our Anniversary...

My dear husband was supposed to be out of town helping a friend and at the last minute his friend ended up having to cancel...sooooo, surprise, surprise...my anniversary would not be spent alone ~ hooray for me!

My Chad is a pretty amazing  man, he quickly came up with a plan and within a couple of hours we were on our way out the door.  We just needed to take care of some food for our kiddos and a few minor incidentals and then he surprised me with a trip to The Lagoon, kid-free, well except for my biggest kid  ;)  he, he, he.....

We headed out for Utah in the evening,
stayed in a nice hotel
and then played like a couple of crazy kids Saturday going from ride to ride,
jumped back in the car and raced like mad to be home that night....
it was a super quick trip...
couldn't leave our kiddos for very long, but sooooo worth it! 

I laughed sooooo hard, and screamed waaaaayyyyyy too much!
I think the rides get scarier and scarier the older that I get.
  
This one (which is titled well ~ THE WICKED)
just about did me in...
it was SCREAMIN' fast...
it actually took my breath away, couldn't even scream for a minute or two...
my legs were just shaking away after that little episode...
He tried to get me to go on it a second time, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it again ~
I know, pretty wimpy of me, huh?

My dear hubby just laughs at me....he told me I am the funniest person EVER to go on rides with...don't know about the funniest, but quite possibly the loudest (those screams just need to escape!) 

Oh and we had the yummiest funnel cake loaded with strawberries...and corn on the cob...and a scrumptious churro...yes, I ate way too much, but it was so good.
I'm pretty sure that I burned many more calories than I actually consumed -- from all of our walking back and forth across the park, and the screaming ~ that had to burn some serious calories...wonder how many???  Maybe I'll have to put my kids to work researching that one...
Screaming vs. Calories ~ you gotta wonder!

Anyway, it was a fabulous little get-away for us...much needed and much enjoyed!
I love this sweet husband of mine and hope to be able to spend MANY, Many, many, more wonderful anniversaries with him...  :0)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Wicked! I was so scared to go on it I almost passed out BEFORE hand. Yes, standing in line I was practicing my deep breathing and had to rest my head on the bars etc. I was terrified but it was so much fun and yes, I did go on it again!

    ReplyDelete