Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Libraries, Birds, Fainting Goats & Llamas

What a day...

For the summer months we are going to spend some fun time doing a unit study on birds, so we raided the library today and walked away with, well - I'm not actually sure - but I would guess at least 30 books just on birds and then a whole slew of videos.  The girls were pretty darned excited...right now the most exciting choices seem to be the Hummingbird and the Toucan
(They're already asking if they can have one of them...but I'm going to stick to my guns on this one....birdies are meant to be free and fly about..I just don't believe they were meant to be caged up and confined ~ what a sad little life...why have wings if you never get to spread them out and soar?

I'm just a little concerned that by the end of the summer my neck may need some serious attention, cause I'm pretty sure I'm going to be checking out every single bird that flies overhead...the kids are already asking me what they all are, like I have any clue at all!? 
I'm in big trouble, better stay up late at night reading up on all these books, just so I can impress those little darlings! 
(better thought...maybe they can stay up late and impress me with their incredible knowledge and I'll catch up on my beauty rest...I'm likin' that idea a whole lot more!)

Well shortly after leaving the library with our much treasured stash, we were driving along and came across a field of little goats...the little girls were ooohhing and aaaahhhing over them when Cassie announced that she'd really love to have fainting goats someday, to which Natalie replied, "well, I really want fainting llamas..."

I am still wondering if she really believes fainting llamas are out there...maybe they are...I guess it would make perfect sense to a 5 year old that if there are fainting goats that there should also be fainting llamas... (I can't stop laughing every time I think about it and she was so serious, which made it all the better!)

We've already done the pigmy goats and I'm quite sure that any other goats or llamas are not in our near future ~ but the daily laughter is ever present ~
I'm tellin' ya, there isn't a day that goes by that one of these little people of ours don't have me just rollin'!  Where do they come up with these things???

No comments:

Post a Comment