Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our 3-Hour Visit to the Dentist...



So what did you do with your day? Our afternoon was spent at the dentist office doing all the checkups, cleanings, x-rays, etc.
Last week we did one of the boys since he's away at Scout Camp this week --and today was the day for the other 5 of them.
I sure was hoping we'd get out of there without any incidence, but no such luck.
We have to go back for all 6 kids!!!
Luckily all the boys are only in need of sealants, our oldest daughter (at home) has one little cavity...the very first ever and she's a whoppin' 16 years old now! Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!
But the little girls are a different story...I was quizzed (very nicely quizzed, by the way) on how much candy they eat, how much juice they drink, if I had given them bottles to go to bed with as babies, blah, blah, blah, blah....
Very little candy happening around here, I'm too cheap to buy juice for them to drink and never had bottles in this house (especially filled with juice!)
So they determined, must be genetics!
Why couldn't I pass on something fabulous to all these adorable kiddos???
Have to give them my bad teeth ~ so very sorry kids!
Actually on second thought, I must have passed on something great to our kids ~ it passed me right by ~ but they're getting it...tall, long, skinny bodies ~ not happening in my body...I saved it up and passed it on is all I can say!!!
Oh well, I am determined that our next big visit to the dentist will have an outcome more like this!!!
One great thing to think about is what fantastic smiles they will have all their lives after all the dentist and orthodontist visits...
it will all be worth it, right???
Maybe after they all have great looking teeth, I can go get some of my own...by the time that happens, they might not be my own teeth anymore!
But I guess brushing would be pretty easy...just plop 'em in a cup, let 'em soak, give a nice little brush and voila ~ Bright, shiny teeth without any cavities or visits to the dentist ever again!!!
Is that really what I have to look forward to??? Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment