Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prom Dress vs. BDU's

Which one is scarier for a mom --

The Prom Dress or the (BDU) Battlefield Dress Uniform???

Not sure ~ with both come such incredible feelings, maybe the strongest feeling associated with both is that of "How did you get this big already? Wasn't it just a couple of days ago that I carried you in my arms?"


Here is the long-awaited Prom Dress photo....We were lucky enough to have a sweet friend who let our daughter borrow this dress for Prom ~ our little girls thought she looked just like a princess. I have to agree!

Inside, my heart skips a few beats, before I blink, she'll be completely grown up and starting a family of her own...I know because I've already experienced this time of life once... and Yes, she went to prom and I'm pretty sure I might have only blinked a time or two and then I was waving as she drove away for her honeymoon!


















HOW BEAUTIFUL...Didn't get a great photo of it on her wrist, but loved this one with the contrast of her green dress!













Okay, so the Prom Dress isn't really the scary thing here...really! The thing to be scared of is the boy taking your girl dressed up in the prom dress. Or maybe it isn't even the boy, maybe it's that little girl of yours, what if she decided this could be the man of her dreams??? Oh dear...let's just move on ~
-------------------------------------------------------
BDU's and moments of Flying ...

Our oldest son is involved in Civil Air Patrol ~ what a fabulous experience this has been for him! Well, today was his first day of flying and I must say that although he was ecstatic...my feelings might be described in a slightly different way. Let's see, everything from, "What am I thinking? I don't even know this man who is taking my son up in an airplane, what if they crash, what if they get lost, what if this wonderful little son of mine convinces the pilot to stall out the plane just to see what it would feel like!" Those were among some of my thoughts, other thoughts were a little less dramatic, "How lucky is this incredible little man ~ flying at only 13, living the dream of a teenager, Wow-- am I grateful that my kids are involved in good, wholesome activities that motivate and inspire them!"

Well, he had the time of his life...after the pilot reached so many thousand feet??? ~ he let our son take over and he was the pilot for the next hour...not an experience he'll forget soon!
Here's a photo of him just before I dropped him off this morning ~ Whew...he's a cutie pie!


















Check him out on the trampoline (yep, upside down!) To think...this kind of flying adventure used to make my heart jump (okay, it still does!) but now we are on to BIGGER and BETTER things that Really make my heart skip a beat! I guess when you have a boy who will create adventure for himself each day, you should probably expect that the adventures will only get a little more intense.
He informed me today, upon his safe arrival from flying, that the third time he goes up to fly, the pilot will stall the plane by turning down the RPM's, allowing it to DROP OUT OF SKY. Then you just wait for it to gain enough air speed and then pull up on the stick and begin flying again!!!
He is so excited and cannot wait for this day. All I can say is, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS CHILD???" and "WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ALLOW AN AIRPLANE TO DROP OUT OF THE SKY???" I'm not getting it, but I just smile and tell that sweet boy of mine, "that's great honey!"
So back to my original question...
Which is scarier -- the Prom Dress or BDU's???
Any thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. O k so i still cant figure out how to comment on your blog

    soooo i will just have to email ya i guess!! And to answer your question

    BDU's definitely scarier no one is STALLING an air plane in a prom dress.

    Stalling really ???? HOW???? WHY???? WHAT FOR???? Who comes up w theses things??

    Oh Stacey your r a much more...ummm lets go w adventurous mom than i could ever see myself being!!

    K but on the other hand i guess " STALLING" plays in to both of these catagories the more i think about it,

    yep in a prom dress you have to worry about boys hands STALLING in places they shouldnt b in the first place,

    conversation STALLING for who knows well we prob. dont want to know why the conversation has STOPPED,

    and then you have the famous CAR STALLING the old " gee i think we r out of gas" line yep heard that one before.

    Men do they really think were that stupid!!?? Anyway im rambling now ,but thanks for making me think about

    these things LONG before i should be. Oh the joys of motherhood. We always say we cant wait for them to grow up

    but now i think I will be very content where i am no boys, Prom dresses, BDU's, or anything STALLING!!!!!

    Have a great night i will talk to ya soon.

    jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie ~ I copied and pasted your comments cause they were great to make a person Really Think.
    Thanks for your thoughts!!!! Happy Sunday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! Your kids grow faster than my weeds! Thanks for posting this info...I feel like I didn't miss all of it while in New Mexico. Dani you are absolutely radiant. Big Hug.K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am so happy not to be dealing with the Stalling Prom Dresses yet, but I am sure our sons will LOVE stalling in that plane a little to much for me!! I'm so happy that they love it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how fun for both of them! We need a pic of the boy, but I'll settle for the dress. She's beautiful. And the CAP boy is growing up. Too fast, too soon, but too fun. No falling out of the sky, as I told him -- "that would ruin our day".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corrie ~ I keep reminding that sweet boy that stalling and falling out of the sky really is not an option..."that truly would ruin our day" or all the days to come! He just laughs and tells me, "Oh Mom, it's no big deal...it's great!"
    Sigh...Okay, I'll just keep smiling and loving him!

    ReplyDelete