Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Transfer Time...



My time has come to leave the beautiful Tri-State area... 
so long Hancock / Warfordsburg / Berkely Springs / Buck Valley / Paw Paw (that I never actually went to) / Needmor. 
It's been real. 
Hopefully Virginia has this many trees, because Fall is coming and I expect leaves!!! 

Last week we went out metal detecting with Karrie, and I found a rabies tag off of a dog! 
And what I'm pretty sure is a spear head from the Indians of long ago.... Dave thinks it's just part of a plow though. 
Also, a beer can. 
That's gotta be worth something. 

This week we had exchanges, and it was so fun! 

Sister Boman went to a new area for a few days, and I stayed in Hancock with a different sister. We both received a lot of inspiration on how to move forward in our area. And even better than that, we learned how to get along with each other better. We had been having a tough week together, but we learned on exchanges how to love each other even if our personalities clash at times. I love Sister Boman!

And then came call outs 
(meaning, we found out what will happen with us at transfers this week!) 
We were so sure we would both be staying in this area, 
BUT they are leaving her here with a new sister to train and moving me to a new area with a new sister! 

I'm training in an area I've never been to!! 
So on Wednesday, 
I'll have a new house 
and a new car 
and a new companion 
and a GPS 
and I'll be training 
and driving 
and running an area all by myself.... 
CRAZY!! 
Heavenly Father has a lot of work for me to do this week.

As exciting as call outs were, 
I cried and cried when I had to tell Miss Haylee that I was leaving. 
She had just set a baptism date, 
and then a few hours later I was telling her I had to leave and couldn't finish teaching her! 
But I'll be coming back for her baptism and I am so excited!! 

I know Heavenly Father called me to Hancock for two reasons: 
1) Starting up the weekly Book of Mormon study for the ward. 
2) To meet Haylee. 
That girl is amazing and I love the holy living snot out of her. 
It makes me so happy to know that in a few weeks, she'll be able to enjoy the blessing of being baptized and having the spirit with her full time! 
I will write her for the rest of my life. She is incredible. 

Brooke had her baby this week!! He is beautiful. 
She comes home today, and I'll get to see him before I leave!! Hooray! 
 
Quote of the week:
"Now, I know Hancock isn't known for perverts, but they're coming. 
*we turn and start walking away* 
They'll be here soon! 
*Sister Lytle and Boman walking away ignoring the drunk mans last words* 
AND I MIGHT BE ONE... OF... THEM." 
BAHAHA. 
We died laughing when we turned the corner. 
He was too drunk to even walk, and he had a mouthful to tell us. 
We laughed our heads off :) 

Love you all! 

Sister Lytle 

Her last words to me today:  
"I'm going to Shenandoah Valley and I will be driving a 2013 Chevy Cruise! 
Woooohooo! Just found that out!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment