Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Movin' on...

"Everything will change when your desire to move on
exceeds your desire to hold on."
-- Alan Cohen

This quote could not have made it's way into my life on a better day. While in the midst of dealing with a really hard situation, I came across this gem. Not really knowing whether moving on and doing what was required at my hand to enable moving on was worth it or not, I was posed with the thought, or rather the question, do I desire to hold on to this hurt or do I desire to move on???

Well, that's an easy one. I so totally desire to move on. So, I gathered my bag of M&M's, the laptop, pen and paper, and headed back up to my room, still in jammies (all this after giving my kids very precise instructions for the next few hours time) I probably should have done without the chocolate, but I believe it gave me the strength I needed :)

I propped myself up with pillows and had some quiet pondering time and then took care of the hard business that was just waiting for me.

Now I am ready to move on and let yucky things be in my past! How freeing...why didn't I do this a few weeks ago, why did I choose to hold on (I think maybe I needed time away to do a little soul searching and I definately had that while in Nauvoo) but after returning this little issue has haunted me during my waking and sleeping (or non-sleeping) hours.

So if you are dealing with something unpleasant in your life, you might just take a moment or two and ponder this same thought...
Everything will change when your desire to move on exceeds your desire to hold on.

Now, I'm ready to head out for a fun date night with my hubby and some great friends, along with our daughter and her date :) Hope I don't get lost in the corn maze!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- another great quote that I so greatly needed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete