Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

SLEEP AND LAUGHTER

Time sure does fly!
I haven't been on here in quite a while now...miss it, truly I do! But I feel like I haven't had a spare moment to breathe, let alone write!
Hope that changes very soon...

Tomorrow (hopefully) I will be posting some great photos ~ my husband had several cabins to clean up in the mountains this weekend. (for those of you who don't know, we own a carpet cleaning business, so he was tackling the dirt in the carpets!) He left early Friday morning to head to do his work, the kids and I headed off to do our regular Friday schedule as we were not going to go along with him. That was until he gave me a call while we were at our Friday co-op and told me what an incredible place he was standing in and we could be there for the weekend! As he told me about it..."Located right on the lake, game room downstairs for the kids to enjoy, peaceful and quiet, lots of space for kids to be kids, You won't have to do a thing, just come up and relax and enjoy yourself..." so I changed all of our weekend plans, headed home and packed our necessities and made the drive up Friday night. During the drive I was sure wishing I would have waited until the next morning to drive up, but Saturday morning when I just slept in until I could sleep no longer ~ I was sure grateful to have arrived the night before (actually I think I could have slept the entire day, still...it was sleeping in and wow, was it wonderful!)

We saw so many deer on the drive and even a fox! Oh, they were just so beautiful, but they had me slightly uptight, I didn't want to hit one! But all was well, I believe the only evidence left of this difficult drive were the few permanent finger indentations on the steering wheel...not too bad...at least we skipped the deer hood ornamentation I was most terrified of!

This weekend was such a blessing for me...exactly what I needed. There were only two things I wanted and needed from our little getaway --
1. SLEEP
2. Laughter

I think I slept more this weekend than I have in months! I could hardly keep myself awake, what a treat! If I sat down, I fell fast asleep and it was okay because I didn't have all the work to attend to that is always present at home, there was nothing at all that I had to do...how nice is that to feel sleepy and just take full advantage of it!

Laughter was pretty easy to come by watching our kids playing pool and foosball (sp?) and the best was watching them wading in the water which had to be no more than 33 degrees!!!!! Just a few weeks ago during our Mother's Retreat, this very lake was frozen over and this weekend my kids are wishing to go swimming...not me! But it was so fun to watch them freezin' their little toes and lovin' it!
I know some of you are thinking I am a terrible mother to let my children get in such freezing cold water...I truly did resist for the longest time and finally thought to myself, "oh they will never really walk in it once their toes feel the icy chill!" How wrong I was! They loved it and their little feet are none the worse for it, so I guess once in a while it really is okay to just relax and not worry so much about being the perfect mom and protecting them from every little thing.
But, I do have to say I drew the line at cannonballs off the end of the dock ~ much to my boys disappointment! Next time when it's just a bit warmer I'll let them do it and maybe I'll even join in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment