Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Marketing World...

So in addition to being the Momma around here, my husband and I also own a small business and I am quite involved in the whole business world because that is just what it takes to make our whole financial world work.

With all of this life can be a touch overwhelming at times, but I cannot complain because I do have the luxury of being home with my children each and every day (well, almost each and every day). There are several outside appointments that have to be handled each month, but still I am blessed to be home with our kiddos!

Well, over the past couple of months we have been wracking our brains trying to figure out how to make a business thrive in these down times. We've never had to advertise as all of our work has been repeat and referral business, but there just isn't enough of it to keep feeding all these hungry kiddos. So...we've decided to do some advertising. With advertising comes marketing skills...we hired a couple of different "professionals" to give us a hand and show us how it is all done. Well what we ended up with essentially was a lot of frustration and very little of what we had hoped and prayed for!

So it was time to take things into my own hands...at the end of an afternoon of photography and some time on the computer we came up with what I think is just about as perfect as this Mom can come to...
Take a look!


By the way, those adorable little feet belong to my little ones! Sweet, huh???
They will have famous feet ~ who ever thought of being a model but only for your cute little toes?
That is how I bribed them to stand FOREVER as I snapped photo after photo after photo!
I told them their cute little feet would be in magazines all over the valley ~ woo, hoo!
It worked, what can I say!?
Well ~ there's another look into the day of my life...NEVER BORING...always something new happening around here!
I'd love to have your thoughts as this is our first real attempt into advertising...Thanks!!!
Have an awesome week!

3 comments:

  1. Haha I think my mom has a thing with feet... We now have ALL of our feet (but one...) on the banner of her page and now these ones! The pictures took a long time, but it turned out way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's cute. One thing I would suggest is having a website or something with price estimates. I know we have never used a professional carpet cleaner simply because I assumed it would be way to expensive. Then I was talking with my husband about hiring you guys and realized I have no idea what it would cost. $300, $500, . . . All we've ever done is rent a Rug Dr. which gives okay results, along with a full 2 days of work and a sore back! And I think I was nervous to ask for a price quote because I worried that if it was too much for us, you wouldn't like me anymore. Does that make sense? Seeing it in print makes me think it's a dumb reason, but that was really my worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I do have a thing for feet...but look at how cute they can be ~ who couldn't love a cute little set of toes!

    Simplymom...thanks for your comments and suggestions. We do have a website coming, should be any day now, I'll forward that to you when it is complete and up. I appreciate your ideas and it is for just those reasons that we've decided it was time to have a website for our business. We do always offer free estimates over the phone -- compliments of me :) -- but for those of you worrying that I might not like you afterward (which would NEVER happen!), we'll work on trying to post some price schedules, but the perk of knowing us is that we like to help our friends out, so...it might really be better to call me.
    Oh...and if Rug Dr. is your way to clean carpets...there is something so much better just waiting for you and it is only a phone call away. You won't have a sore back, won't have wet carpets forever, your carpets will be the cleanest you've ever had and you can go play with your kids while my husband does all the work for you! Sounds like a great plan, don't ya think!!!

    ReplyDelete