Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I will be off (quite happily!) with my sweet husband for the next couple of days celebrating our anniversary, but thought before I took off that I'd take a minute to pass along some thoughts of motherhood that I received in my email today, in honor of all you special momma's out there ~
Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

Since this is my blog, I have added my thoughts to each (surprise, suprise...just couldn't keep quiet for a moment!)

***Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby..... somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, 'normal' is history. (what is normal anyway???)
* * *Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct ... somebody never took a three-year-old shopping. (or took a whole crew of crazy kiddos shopping!)
* * *Somebody said being a mother is boring ....somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver's permit. (Isn't that the truth!!! My first experience with this was in the snow while my daughter tried to run us into a mailbox...it's a wonder I haven't suffered a heart attack yet!)
* * *Somebody said if you're a 'good' mother, your child will 'turn out good'.... somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee. (Yeah, a manual with the specifics of each child would have come in handy from time to time!)
* * *Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother.... somebody never helped a fourth grader with his math. (For all you homeschoolin' momma's ~ how about math for EVERY grade and reading, writing, spelling, science, history, literature...should I go on???)
* * *Somebody said you can't love the second child as much as you love the first .... somebody doesn't have two children. (or 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...)
* * *Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery.... somebody never watched her 'baby' get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten ... or on a plane headed for military 'boot camp.' (or watched her baby havin' a baby of her own!)
* * *Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married....somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings. (So true, you don't lose a child, you gain another!)
* * *Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home..... somebody never had grandchildren. (This is a fun job, those little babies are a bonus to life!)
* * *Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her.... somebody isn't a mother. (I'm going to go give my Momma a call...I don't think I've told her enough in my life just how very special she is to me! I definately have an Angel Mother!)

I sure hope all the special "somebody's" in your life celebrate the wonderful women you are!!!

To end this Mother's Day post ~ I must send you one of my very favorite stories...brings tears to my eyes each and every time I read it!!!

Once upon a time, there was a child ready to be born. One day she asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there so small and helpless?"
"Among the many angels, I chose one just for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."
"Here in heaven I don't do anything else but sing and smile and that's enough to be happy. And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me and I don't know the language that men talk?"
"Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."
"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"
"Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."
"I've heard that on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?"
"Your angel will defend you, even if it means risking its life."
"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."
"Your angel will always talk to you about me, and will teach you the way for you to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you."
At that moment, there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard, and the child in a hurry asked softly, "Oh God, I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."
"You will call your Angel "Mommy."


Again, I wish you a very happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment