Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Word Struggles & Froggy Days

You just gotta love kids! And the things they come up with are the best...I think I laugh each and every day with all the random things that come from their little mouths!

I have been a mom for so long now - almost 25 years! If I think about the amount of time, I can start to feel very old, but when I'm in the thick of it all, not thinking about the fact that I have an adult daughter and little grandbabies, I actually feel very young still having all these little ones running around! The only drawback to having kiddos for such a long time...I am not quite as lively and quick as I used to be, but the good side is I think I really treasure my time with them and don't take it for granted ~ knowing just how fast it will go.

I just have to write about a couple of cute things that were said this past week - if I don't I will surely forget (must be that getting old thing!)

Our youngest woke up a few days ago, looked out the window and yelled, "Wow, it sure is froggy outside today! I need a knife!" Hmmm, why would she need a knife? Couldn't figure it out on my own, so I asked, "Why do you need a knife?" Her response, "Well, so I can cut through the fog, of course!" Oh well, of course that is why a little girl would need a knife on a foggy day!!! So we promptly got dressed, coats and boots on and headed out the door with a knife in hand!

The other funny thing that happened - our next little girl has been working on word searches - she had been working on one about Egypt and was just about finished but had to run out to play for a little break. When she came back in, I had put away the papers that were on the counter (her word search was included). She's looking all over for her paper and finally found me in the other room and asked, "Mom, I have looked everywhere, do you know where my word struggle is at?" How I laughed, I guess that must be how she really "feels" about them!

Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment