Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Friends....

I am truly blessed with the greatest friends! How did I get so lucky?
Friends I get to talk to all the time, some I talk to just every once in a while, some that I haven't seen in forever ~ but it's just like old times when we see one another again. Some that I see just every once in a while, but wish I could see so much more!

The last couple of days I've been able to see a couple of special people in my life ~ and with a couple of others, I am lucky enough to get to visit on the phone with them almost daily and we can just find a million things to talk about still ~ amazing!

There are those friends that I love to talk with, but it happens a little more infrequently, but that doesn't change the fact that we can go on and on ~ amazing again!

One of my happy moments this week ~ I was able to go visit one friend and spend some time talking about being a mom...the joys and the struggles that it brings. She was so worried about potty-training her little guy and she just needed a friend to tell her don't worry, when he's ready it will be smooth sailing. No pressure, just love 'em and hold 'em and rock 'em to sleep until they don't fit on your lap anymore (and even then, give it your best shot!) I loved spending time with her ~ she's a fairly new momma and I get to share with her things that are soooo special to me. There have been so many things we've shared back and forth and I love that, sometimes we get going and it can be two hours later when we finally look at the time! Betcha didn't know I could talk that much, huh? Well, if you know me, you know I can talk!

Tonight was another special moment in my week ~ I saw such a dear friend that I don't get to see too often. We used to share every early morning together for several years just talking and exercising and talking. Then she moved away and a piece of my heart went with her ~ but as we see one another again, our friendship still remains what it was ~ true and powerful.

Not only do I have some of the most special friends ever, I have also been richly blessed with many daughters and as they grow, we become such very "special friends". So many wonderful women in my life ~ my mother, my sister, my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law, my sweet cousins and all those who weren't "Born" into my world...but arrived here miraculously and perfectly at the time and place I most needed them and they most needed me.

Wow! Heavenly Father sure had it all together when He figured out who we'd need in this life ~ He knew we'd gain strength and joy from one another, that we'd lift the other, that we'd pat each other on the back and give the reassuring "great job, you are amazing", that we'd be one anothers greatest cheerleaders in the deepest moments of doubt we sometimes find ourselves in. That we would need to laugh and cry together and bounce ideas back and forth. He just knew what we'd need and He gave us each other!

Okay stop, you have to read this next line, but then close your eyes and really see it...
"A friend in kindergarten is the one who sat next to you and let you have the pretty red crayon, when only the ugly black one was left." Can't you just picture that...go ahead, close your eyes, it's soooo beautiful and real...what you are seeing is just the kind of fabulous true friends I have in my life...Hooray for me!

If we could all just strive to give away that pretty red crayon, what a magnificent world this would be!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. You're an awesome friend. I'm so grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete