Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Pillow Case Dresses and Patchwork Jumpers

Okay...I have to show off for a minute...don't look too close if you are good at all this sewing stuff ~ I am not! But, I do enjoy myself! I was lucky enough to have spent some time recently making four dresses each for my two littlest girls.
And wow do they look cute on...
The best thing about all of this is that I could do it ~ The Pillow Case dresses were fast and they sure turned out cute. I added buttons to some of them with little butterflies & ladybugs. The girls chose the ribbon they loved for "shoulders", so they were "custom made" for each little one! Just slip a little turtleneck under and voila - You've got a whole dress!

Now, the patchwork one was a little more work, a little confusing at times (but remember I know so very little about this sewing world!), but I learned a lot and had so much fun putting it all together.
And I must say they are perfect and such a great thing for Valentine's Day...what little girl couldn't be happy wearing this around??? Pink, red, hearts, flowers...just the best! Should have made myself one (but that would have taken up way too many charm squares!)
~ Speaking of charm squares ~
Had to show you a little bit of a close up on this one. The charm squares that these are made from are simply adorable!!! You can have some, too ~ just go check out my friend's blog and it will direct you to her store. She runs her store out of her home and has the most beautiful fabrics I have ever seen...take a minute and check it out...I promise it's worth it!



The downside of all of this sewing for the little girls is that my boys wondered what I'd made for them. Our youngest said to me, "Well, Mom didn't you make me a shirt or something, if you can make dresses, you can make anything!?"
Uh, oh! Don't think I can tackle that one. But I am thrilled that he thinks I can!
Soon, I'll show you the fabulous apron I just finished! It's soooooo perfect for me...when you see it, you'll know why...




1 comment:

  1. wow, that sounds like a really good site :-). i want to see pictures of the girls in the jumpers! have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete