Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Last days as a teenager

It's BIRTHDAY TIME for our Sweet Girl this week...
I was lucky enough to spend a little time emailing with her this morning.
She told me she thinks that instead of moving up to 20 
she'll just go back down and claim she's "18 with 2 years experience".

I really cannot believe she's going to be this old...she is one beautiful young woman...check out the pictures below...she just looks wonderful and so happy.

I sent off a package for her birthday ~ wish I could see her open it...I filled an entire journal with quotes that I just know she will love...some were serious, some were humorous, some will cause her to think and some will just remind her how much she is loved.  

Okay...let's get to her letter!

Last week was my last full week of being a 19 year old Sister Missionary. 
CRAZY!! 
I'm not sure how I feel about turning 20 this week. 
We'll see if I follow through with it :) 

Halloween joke! 
What does a ghost get when he blows his nose?
BOO-gers!! 

I've told that joke to my bishops son about 3 times in the past week. 
He laughs harder every time I tell it. 
I absolutely LOVE their family! 
Jordan is 13 and autistic, and each time I see him I ask, 
"Jordan, what joke do you have for me today??" 
And he tells the same silly set of jokes, and laughs SO HARD at them. 
It makes my day! 
This week, I'll be spending my birthday dinner with them!
And I couldn't be happier! 

Bishop Knecht pulled me into his office yesterday for an interview, and he said, 
"You and Sister Stradling hold such a special place in the heart of this ward. No matter how many missionaries come through after you, you two will always be our first Sisters, and you are family to us." 
They have such a great family. 
 This week we also had a mission wide Sisters Conference! 
It was soooo good! 

We are up to about 80 sisters, 
(we had 20 a year ago) 
and will be at 100 soon. 
How cool is that?? 

I love how committed the sisters in this mission are to real growth and helping people truly feel the gospel in their lives! It's wonderful!!




My comps and I 
dressed up as Elders for the 
Ward Trunk or Treat 
(best costume ever
totally mission appropriate too!) 
Pictures to come. 

Look up D&C 64:34. EAT ZION! 
It's awesome. New theme for my mission :) 

Life is good! 
Miracles happen everyday, if we will only look for them!
Keep on smiling!
Sister Lytle 

No comments:

Post a Comment