Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Recipes...Part Dos

Alrighty...
ready for some more delish recipes???

This is another super, duper easy one, but it tastes so fantastic!
This one is high on my list for perfecting in a gluten free sort of way...I'll keep you posted and let you know when I've mastered it!

Raspberry Souffle'
(or Triple Berry Souffle' if you prefer)


This recipe will make one large baking dish worth.

6 butter croissants -- tear into bite size pieces  (the ones from Costco work perfectly!)
2 - 8 oz cream cheese blocks, softened
Frozen or fresh raspberries or triple berries (I usually go with a bag of frozen because of the cost difference)

Layer the croissants on the bottom, dollop cream cheese on top of croissants, then add berries over top.
Set aside.

Mix together:
10 eggs
2 C Milk or Half/Half 
(I love to use coconut milk with a vanilla base...so yummy!)
1/3 C Maple Syrup

Mix well and pour over top of croissants and berries.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes covered,
then uncover and cook an additional 30 minutes.

While baking ~ prepare sauce.

1 C Sugar
1 C Water
Bring to boil
add 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
Stir constantly until it thickens
add 1 C berries and 1 Tbsp butter
Berries can be mashed a little with your spoon or left whole ~ I prefer to mash just a bit as I continue stirring.

Easy Schmeezy!!!
Pull the souffle' out of the oven,
slice and plate
drizzle a little sauce over top ~
smile and enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love to serve the souffle' with quiche...
Just gotta have some fabulous protein in the morning!

A couple of my favorite recipes for quiche are below.

Veggie Quiche
Just thinking about this one makes my mouth water!!!

I have chosen to do quiche without a crust...if you prefer crust, simply layer a crust on the bottom before proceeding (no need to cook first)

I finely chop all the veggies I have in my fridge for this...
I love to add in red peppers, onion, broccoli, green chilies, tomatoes...you name it, if you love the veggie add it in...
after chopping, I throw it all in a pan and saute away in just a smidge of butter.

While the veggies are busy cooking away,
grab out your eggs, shredded cheese (any flavor you enjoy will do), milk or cream or half and half.
Crack 8-10 eggs, add in 2 C milk and 1 C cheese...mix well.  Add in a pinch or two of salt and pepper to your liking.  I also like to add just a shake or three of dried onion flakes ~ these give a really nice flavor while cooking.

In a large baking dish, spoon the sauteed veggies into the bottom of the pan and cover with egg mixture.
Add a nice layer of cheese to the top, cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour...test with a toothpick.  Feel free to bake uncovered for a few minutes to brown the cheese, if desired.


Ham and Cheese
or Turkey and Cheese Quiche

My kids eat this one up!!!

I like to saute my ham just as I do my veggies...
chop into small pieces and cook up.

Add the same ingredients as above.

Cook just the same way for just the same amount of time.

So, so yummy!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yum Yum - two of my favorites from the retreat - the veggie quiche (and so glad to know I can make it without the crust) and the triple berry souffle'. I think that was even better as leftovers but I know you were dealing with that "iffy" oven! Thanks for sharing the love made visible Stacey. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Stacey! I can't wait to try the souffle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipes. They were soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you Stacey. These will be great during the Christmas Holidays when all my fan. will be here. I have frozen berries from the cannery! Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE doing these for family gatherings...always a huge hit! Enjoy your holidays. :0)

      Delete
  5. Yum! I have a friend coming for lunch tomorrow and I am making the berry souffle! Thanks so much for sharing!! . . . Still wish I could have snuck you home in my suitcase! : ) Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda,
      You are too cute!!!
      I'm sure your friend will feel mighty spoiled. :0)

      Hugs,
      Stacey

      Delete