Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

My July Homeschool Message

The Oak Tree
by Johnny Ray Ryder Jr.


A mighty wind blew night and day.
 It stole the Oak Tree’s leaves away.

Then snapped its boughs

and pulled its bark

until the Oak was tired and stark.

But still the Oak Tree held its ground

while other trees fell all around.

Bare Dead Tree Clip ArtThe weary wind gave up and spoke,

“How can you still be standing oak?”

The Oak Tree said, “I know that you

can break each branch of mine in two,

carry every leaf away,

shake my limbs and make me sway.

But I have roots stretched in the earth,

growing stronger since my birth.

You’ll never touch them, for you see

they are the deepest part of me.

Until today, I wasn’t sure

of just how much I could endure.

But now I’ve found with thanks to you,

I’m stronger than I ever knew.”

As I contemplate the beauty and truths found in this simple poem, I feel a deep appreciation for the freedoms that we all share….

Living in the United States is a blessing, and we have the added blessing of living in Idaho ~ freedoms abound here!

We have the freedom to help our kiddos establish the strongest, deepest roots during our days with them. The powerful influence that a homeschooling mother has is beautiful and can help to sustain our kids through the most difficult of times. Mighty winds will surely challenge our will, our strength, our endurance; we may feel helpless as these storms torment and try us ~ BUT it is in these moments of struggle that we and our children will recognize what this little oak tree so tenderly stated, “I’m stronger than I ever knew!”

For the Little Oak, it was the mighty wind that finally, through complete exasperation, became weary as the Oak never wavered and continued to stand tall and firm. For us, the challenges come in many forms, but just as that little oak, with its deep roots was able to endure, so are we able to push through anything that may come our way. My prayer for our children is that we, as mothers, will help them in establishing (and recognizing) roots that will make the most horrendous, terrifying storms weaken at the sight of their strength and ability to endure ALL!



No comments:

Post a Comment