Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

August Message

"If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think, but the most important thing is, even if we're apart… I'll always be with you.”  Winnie the Pooh

I absolutely LOVE this quote…makes my heart swell with joy each time I read it. I would love to put it on vinyl or paint it up and hang it in our boys’ and girls’ bedrooms having it come from “Mom” so that they always remember how deeply I love them. When I read this little gem, I can’t help but reflect on motherhood, specifically, my role as Momma and how well I do or do not fulfill this all-encompassing role.

A few of the thoughts that have been running through my mind…

“What is it like to be my child?”
“If I were a child of mine, would I be happy?”
“Would I love being around me?”
“Would I feel loved by me?”
“Would I feel special?”
“Would I feel worthy and important?”
“Would I want to be with me?”
“Am I the kind of Mother I would wish to have?”
“Do they feel welcome, wanted, valued?”
“Can my children see the love I feel for them in my eyes and in my countenance?”

I love the following scripture; I added a couple of things that I feel help in fully understanding the significance: (When it just says “brethren”, it doesn’t do it for me, but adding in those that are “real in my world” makes it such a strong & deeply important scripture for me to pay attention to)

“Therefore, strengthen your brethren (Husband, Sons & Daughters)
in ALL your conversation, in ALL your prayers, in ALL your exhortations, and in ALL your doings. (D&C 108:7)

It is up to us, up to ME and YOU, to strengthen these little families of ours in ALL that we do…this scripture points out four areas of focus: I plan to address how to strengthen our children (hubbies will have to be covered at another time)…

First, Strengthen (your children) in all your conversation~ As we converse with our children, we have the ability to build them up or tear them down…let it be our goal to always lift them, to help them see the beauty and the potential they each possess. As I think of this, I also wonder if I am the kind of listener that they need, that they deserve. Do they feel that what they have to say is important and worthwhile to me or do I shut them down, making them feel less than important? Body language is another major form of communication that we must remember ~ are we standoff-ish toward them or do we portray a welcoming, approachable attitude toward our kiddos? Hopefully, they feel like they are walking into a Giant Momma Bear Hug when they see us!

Second, Strengthen (your children) in all your prayers ~ As we pray for these kiddos of ours, as we pour out our hearts in their behalf…I so firmly believe that Heavenly Father will hear our prayers and that he will come to the aid of our babies…they need our strength, our hope, our faith, our belief – especially of them! We must always pray for these special little spirits that have been sent to us!

Third, Strengthen (your children) in all your exhortations ~ As we address these little people of ours, we can do so emphatically, we can urge them in doing “something”, whatever that something may be, but again we can do this in a manner that is strengthening and not damaging to their little spirits. As mothers, we are sure to exhort our children numerous times in their lives, let it be felt with love and tenderness, leaving harsh and abrupt feelings behind, always remembering that we are to strengthen & uplift them.

And finally, the scripture says “In ALL your Doings”…Strengthen (your children) in all your doings~ well, that pretty much sums it up…IN ALL THAT WE DO, in all of our moments with our kiddos, or in thought of them, or in prayer for them, in each and every moment of each and every day we have the opportunity to bless the lives of our children by strengthening them and building them and assisting them in gaining their own living testimonies.

It is my prayer that our children will see and feel the love that we have for them
…that they will never have cause to doubt the love of a mother.
That if there is ever a tomorrow when we’re not together…
they will know we will always be right there with them.

Wishing you a fabulous end to your summer days and a splendid beginning to your adventurous school days!

No comments:

Post a Comment