Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Somebody find me a Valium!!!

I am convinced that mothers were never, ever meant to drive with teenagers!!!

I did it once and now I am having to endure the same terror all over again...and to think I still have five more kids to go through...I'll never make it!

I can teach all these kiddos just about everything, reading, math, cooking, writing, history, science; you get the picture, but driving???...that one just should not be my job...I really think I've taught enough things....

It is not good for a mother to sit in the passenger seat of her own vehicle
(which she really should be driving herself!)
while one of the children she brought into this world sits behind the wheel...
to start with, what the heck do they think they are doing growing up like this??? 
I asked them and asked them to just stay little, but not a one of them has listened! 
And then they want to drive around my car and make me ride along with them (with a happy smile on) praising their effort at staying in the correct lane and not hitting any cars around them, and not going too fast or too slow, they actually want me to be okay with being jerked from one side of the car to the other as they figure out how to maneuver the car about, not to mention the abrupt stops and starts...oh, and the best one was almost hitting the barrels on the side of the road while attempting to merge into traffic on the freeway, she really thought she should be looking behind her to see the traffic coming and failed to remember that the car was still moving forward, aaaaauuuuggghhhh!!! 
...teenagers should never put their wonderful mommas through such extreme torture!  This is not good for my heart, I think I am becoming somewhat fragile!!!

I had hoped it might be easier with the second daughter, I was WRONG!  I was pretty sure that my life could have come to a premature end as I sat in that passenger seat just praying to make it home safely. 
Oh, and I might add she thought she was doing really great...
oh my... the hardest part; I had to remain calm and keep smiling or she may have flipped her lid and lost all control, not a good thing to happen while learning to drive a car...

Are you all feeling terribly sorry for me at this point?  If not, you really should be! 
Our first daughter tried to run me into a mailbox in the neighborhood and now this lovely daughter tries to take out the barrels...

I've made an executive decision
(I know I really should talk this over with my dear hubby, but some things just need to be handled in such a manner as this)
so as of this time, I refuse to get in the car with this adorable daughter of mine until she has spent many, many hours with her Dear Daddy accompanying her on this journey of learning to operate a vehicle.  
Whew...I feel much better!

That should relieve my need for Valium, which is good, since I have never actually had one in my lifetime and I'd like to keep it that way!

9 comments:

  1. funny, but so true! I had the same thought w/ my 2nd driver. She's still 'in training' -- I don't think I can do this again with the rest of my kids. It is terrifying! Today, she started riding a motorcycle...I went in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain for sure! I am 4 weeks away from having to drive with child #4 but I am way smarter than you my friend...I let the drivers ed teacher handle the very beginning of the driving experience. It is worth every penny for me to do that because I KNOW I would have an actual heart attack if I had to be the one to start from scratch with them. I don't really even like to drive with most adults:) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha oh mom, we didn't even hit the barrels! Don't complain, count your blessings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "OK - Nobody really -spelled it out for me- about Unprotected left turns" ... or drive through car washes...

    These are the comments I recieved before & after I almost killed our family -

    MOM - Oh My!... AHHHH! Stop!... NO-Ggooooo! Gas! Gas! ... SHEALYN! Panic. Scream. Scream. Panic.


    DAD - Don't do that again...

    I believe my mother truly lives in the moment, and I love every second of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I in trouble? I kind of thought it might be fun to teach our oldest to drive. Should I back out now and let hubby do it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm experiencing the same right now with my third teen. I seriously doubt I will ever be able to calmly train a new driver- it's 'driving' me crazy! : )

    Jess
    www.gracefullanding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it and also add your RSS feeds. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site. valium

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=+Buy+Percocet+Now+1-323-417-2087+Call~Now+☏

    ReplyDelete
  9. Refill Your Meds

    Website: https://www.myrxsecurepharmacy.com
    Call 3234172087
    Refill Hydrocodone, Vicodine,Percocet

    https://www.myrxsecurepharmacy.com

    ReplyDelete