Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Latest & Greatest...

What to share tonight???

The highlights, hmmmmm.....

School is good, the house is still standing, the kids are all doing just hunky dory, the dog (TINY) has moved to the back porch, I had lunch with one of my favorite people today, I'm down 14 pounds, General Conference was amazing, we spent the afternoon outside burning branches and cleaning up the pasture (I LOVE living in the country!), I've been reading some great books on Nutrition and Diet, we've decided to go to the Manti Pagaent this year for the first time...can't wait!, I get to see my oldest daughter and my grandbabies tomorrow, I only have 4 mountains of laundry to tackle, my flowers are starting to pop up in areas, the sun has been shining off and on, Spring is coming, we've almost memorized the entire Living Christ (our goal is to have it in our minds and hearts by Easter), I've started a new workout program that I am LOVING...it is called T-Tapp...I mostly love that it is based on working your lymphatic system and it's a huge bonus to do your measurements and see those inches melting away, our little school co-op is going great...I love teaching Early American History,  Hosted a dinner and dessert evening for the Young Women and their Moms and then headed over to watch YW Conference with all of them ~ great aftn/evening, I have an empty box of butter sitting in my kitchen window...when I want to eat something REALLY bad for me, I just look at that butter and imagine fourteen of those hummers back on my body and it's a lot easier to go without!, I've been wondering to myself what I might be when I grow up, I've been playing around with the idea of going for chickens again...my hubby is not so sure he wants to tackle having a zoo or a farm again...I'm working on him...fresh eggs might be a nice thing to have, just read Morning Girl to my little kids ~ I really love that story ~ the sweet, simple life they enjoyed...the innocence...the purity ~ packed with beautiful lessons, Crepes on Conference Sunday were divine and the Quiche was mighty tasty as well, during one of our Family Home Evenings we were all playing a game called Do You Love Your Neighbor...well it was Natalie's turn and she said "Yes, I love my neighbors, but I don't love Obama" -- the random things that come out of my kids mouths amaze me...that was our favorite quote of the week!, we've learned that the only thing harder than trying to get all of our school work done with only three computers in the house is to lessen that number by one for 2 weeks ... aaaauuuggghhhhh...maybe the lesson to be learned in all of this is patience, my hubby has been such a huge help with all of our business paperwork over the last little while...it has been so nice to have a little less to worry about, my brain is starting to think about RETREAT time, I am loving the delicious peppers and cucumbers that I've been eating ~ but I could do without the high prices, which brings me to my next thought...Garden...last year it was all in pots, do we repeat that again or go for the gusto and do it big???, I still have amazing photos and experiences to share from Cassie's baptism that I haven't been able to do...mostly because I have no idea at all how to get the photos from the phone to the computer...might be time to enlist the help of teenagers, I've had contact with our "other daughter" who isn't technically our daughter and it was wonderful to see her...she has a long way to go to find true happiness in her world but she is making a little progress here and there, Chad and I have had two dates to the temple recently and it was great...funniest thing ever happened and it was on April 1st so I was really wondering if someone was playing an April Fool's joke on us...during a sealing we stood in proxy for Lord Crab and Crabby Crab...everyone in the room, including the sealer was losin' it (maybe you had to be there!), we've had lots of time training the horses lately ~ I just sit and watch (and pray) and smile and tell them all just how great they're doing, the boys have made an absolutely amazing bike track...it is very picture worthy because words simply cannot express the creative minds these kids of mine have...where there is a will, there is a way ~ and we have some serious will going on around here!, our oldest son is becoming quite the handy man...he can fix just about anything -- the motorcycles, four wheelers, truck -- he just has a knack for it all -- Chad is going to set him loose with a Kohler Motor and see if he can work his magic (I have no doubt at all!),  our next son is now a den chief (basically this means he is acting as a leader for the younger boys (scouts) and helping out with planning and executing their meetings) he'll be such a wonderful helper in this area ~ his compassion is amazing and his main boy that he works with has some physical disabilities and Bryce is ever so sweet and gentle with him, we spent some time at the local fire station for a tour and it looks like my hubby is going to pursue one of his dreams...he's always wanted to be a volunteer firefighter, I really want to stand in his way and keep him nice and safe and protected, but I will step to the side and smile the biggest smile I can muster up...

Well I think that about does it...there's a random list of some of the Latest and Greatest around this crazy house...

Sweet Dreams  :0)

5 comments:

  1. Well, that was quite the update. Job well done. So if you print a book of all of these posts, will my enlightening comments be part of it? good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should certainly hope that your comments will be part of it...in fact, I'll insist that they are...just couldn't be the same without your input. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mom ... Dad in a Fireman's Suit... Sounds Hot! He might make you catch on fire! :) Ha ha ha -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shealyn...You crack me up!!!
    But you are right...He is gonna look pretty HOT in the whole Fireman Get-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - Love you - what a wonderful life it is! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete