Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Where is my Magic Wand???

I've so desperately wanted and needed to be on here, but haven't had a spare moment to write my thoughts...so they just spin around in my head...leaving me feeling dizzy and indecisive...writing is my therapy session, my own way of picking myself up and putting a happy smile on, it is my way of dealing with the hard things in life and finding ways to make life just a touch happier...
This past week has been a little rough, luckily not with my own kiddos or hubby, but with another person that I love and care for deeply.  She lived with us for quite some time and I consider her one of our kids...the only problem is that I do not have her to love all of the time or to comfort in her times of need or to reassure her of what a wonderful little person she is...all of these things she desperately needs and I feel helpless in this situation.  It breaks my heart and I want to be able to just change everything in her world and bring her happiness, but the sad reality is that I do not have the opportunity to do that, at least not in the way she needs.  So, I will do my best to be here for her, to let her know every chance I have that I adore her and see her through eyes that magnify all of her many talents and abilities. 
These are times that I wish I had a crystal ball or a magic wand...
oh the things I would do!!!  
Maybe if I could just be her Fairy Godmother and whip up a magnificent gown along with a gorgeously ornate full-length mirror and let her look deeply into it ~ help her to see her true beauty...not that she needs some fabulous gown to accomplish this, but I feel she would take the time to look when she felt beautiful, without all of the ugly worldly stuff hanging around as baggage on her...
Along the edges of the mirror I would place the numerous amazing attributes she possesses and allow her all the time in the world
(none of this "until midnight" stuff!)
to soak it all in, to see it in herself, to believe it of herself, to remember who she is... 
but since in reality, I cannot do these things, I will do all I can and be there to pick her back up each time she falls...to wipe her tears and hold her when she feels lost...to reassure her that there is good in this world and that one day she will be surrounded by it.

I am so grateful for the wondeful relationships I have with each of my children.
I find myself more and more grateful for the blessing of having Christ in our lives...
without Him,
without a Knowledge and a Love for Him
 I think my own children could fall into the same patterns I am seeing with my little struggling sweet girl...
He gives us strength if we do not doubt that He can...
Because of the knowledge of the Gospel,
I believe that we can endure so much more;
 we know that our struggles and trials will be but for a time and then we will move on,
granted possibly on to a new trial; but again, we will make it through.
I am soooooo thankful that our children know who they are,
they know of their worth and of their potential...
they may doubt it at times,
but it so much easier to bring them back to a "good place" when they have these things as a Foundation...

No comments:

Post a Comment