It was kind of fun…you ought to try it for yourself! And you gotta do more than 5 or 10, cause that’s easy, it’s when you get down to the 30’s and 40’s that it starts getting tough!
1. I believe feet were meant to be free…never to be confined in tennis shoes…toes need to wiggle and dance about to be happy!
2. I think towels just out the dryer, so fresh and warm, are just heavenly to fold…or better yet to just lay down in the middle of!
3. There are a few sounds I love: I love the sound of rain outside my bedroom window as it drops from leaf to leaf, eventually falling to the ground. And I love the crackling sound of a fireplace. Finally, the most soothing and comforting thing I can imagine is the sound of gently cascading water…I love it.
4. I will always love Elvis Presley…have since I was 8, can’t stop now! His voice just makes my heart skip a beat!
5. I am completely addicted to crushed ice with lemon water – drink it all day long every day!
6. I am always the last one to finish my meal…probably because I play with my food (as my husband has so sweetly pointed out to me) looking for just the perfect bite.
7. Planning things to make other people happy totally fills my cup…one of my very favorite things to plan are Mothers Retreats and Conferences…I love giving to other moms who deserve to know how special they are.
8. I could watch the same movie over and over (if I have a little break in between) and sometimes not even remember that I saw it or if I do remember seeing it, I won’t remember the story…crazy!
9. But, I can remember phones numbers and addresses for most of our clients, even if we’ve only done them a time or two! And I remember all of my past phone numbers…why????
10. Bubble baths are probably the closest thing to Heaven I can imagine!
11. I am a control freak and make my husband ride behind me every time we go out on the 4-wheelers, I just cannot ride in the back…have to be in control of how fast we go, what mountains we climb or don’t climb, which way to turn on the trail…I’m terrible!
12. Birth is the most amazing thing to me…it doesn’t matter how many babies I have or how many births I am present at, I am always in awe at the miracle of life! What a beautiful gift!
13. Still love Rock ‘n Roll…Scorpions, Def Leppard, Guns & Roses, but my all time favorite will always be JOURNEY…I was pretty sure I’d grow up and marry Steve Perry -lead singer from Journey for those of you who aren’t diehard fans! (so glad I didn’t, but I could listen to him sing to me all day!) By the way, my kids have no idea I like any of this, cause I only listen to them in the car if I’m alone and then I turn it all the way up and sing every word…yep, I know ‘em all! They think I only love "boring music"…little do they know! I’m a bit of a rebel deep inside, I just suppress it when they are around!
14. I cannot read one book at a time, I have three or four going and the problem is that I never seem to finish any of them cause as soon as I get close, I throw another one in the mix…maybe I have a bit of ADD goin’ on!
15. Each year, I cannot wait for the first snowfall…think I’m worse than my kids…makes me just want to run out and make a snow angel! I'm the same way with the leaves falling, and the new flowers budding each year, I love it!
16. I could survive on chips and salsa and be totally happy about it.
17. I am a paper fanatic; I could go crazy in a paper store! I love it ALL and anything that goes with paper does it for me too! Paper, scissors, glue, tape, stickers, a little glitter, page protectors, binders…
18. One of my favorite things in my house that I see each day, many times a day are a set of wooden blocks that I made a few years ago, they simply say “JOY”.
19. I love quotes.
20. The smell of fresh baked bread is one of the most divine scents on earth! I think it smells even better than it tastes!
21. One of my favorite movies is Mamma Mia…I know it has a really lousy story line, but I can’t help but love the crazy fun those women have. Someday, I will be a Dancing Queen decked out in the boots and all! I’ll jump on my bed without worrying about busting right through while I, with ease, reach out to touch my toes in mid-air, all the while singing Dancing Queen with my best friends! How dreamy does that sound??? I know, completely out of character for me, but it’s just something I’ll have to do (maybe right after I drop 40 pounds!)
22. My favorite pizza is loaded with Artichoke Hearts, Green Peppers, Pineapples and Fresh Tomatoes…my mouth is watering just thinking about it! (maybe that's why I can't drop those darn 40 pounds!)
23. I love dancing in the kitchen.
24. I love numbers, I watch for the clock to turn just so I can look for patterns in the numbers. I will lay awake at night, just to see the next pattern that will be coming up, drives me crazy, but I just can’t help it! And a calendar can be loads of fun, too!
25. I would love to have a Yellow Slug Bug to drive around, just for a day. I’d put a perfectly happy yellow Gerber Daisy in the little vase and then I’d just drive around, lemon ice water in hand, and look for all the people who race to "slug bug" each other as I drove by.
26. I have been known to forget to pay the power bill or the gas bill or the water bill (time just goes by too fast!)…once I forgot to pay the water bill; my sweet husband was having a nice shower, just got all lathered up and off goes the water…He had to rinse off with cold water from our food storage. Sure glad he loves me!
27. The word “BE” is enchanting to me…with just that one small, seemingly insignificant word anything can come to pass. I can “be” anything I dream up!
28. I’m sure there’s nothing that a Hot Fudge Sundae with salty fries can’t cure...well, with the exception of obesity, it’s causing that one, but sometimes it’s just worth it!
29. Watching people is such an experience for me…sometimes it makes me laugh and other times I want to cry. I have found myself trying to figure out what they might be thinking or feeling and I just want to go up and give a stranger a hug at times, just to give them a little boost and let them know they are not alone in this world!
30. My dream is to invent a body eraser…I don’t want to erase my entire body, just the parts that are sagging where they shouldn’t be, erase the few extra pounds from various spots, and those dimply spots – what is that all about, they should definitely go!…wouldn’t that be nice???
31. I cannot cook in a messy kitchen.
32. While I sleep, one little foot just needs to be sticking out, even if it’s dreadfully cold, I must have just a bit of fresh air and freedom…can’t be all tucked in.
33. I love to sit in my car with all the windows rolled up parked just so the sun can beat right in on me…aaahhhh, feels so nice!
34. I cry when I drive by an accident, especially if I think there are children involved.
35. Skipping makes me happy, so glad I still have little ones who love to skip with me, or people might think I’m a little strange!
36. Fun Jewelry makes me smile and I find that when I wear it, others smile more, too!
37. I need to be busy, being idle makes me crazy! I have a deep need to create and plan…my mind has to be working on new things constantly or I feel stagnant and unproductive.
38. I would rather have a baby than go to the dentist...and having babies is not an easy thing for me!
39. I am terrified of needles, but one of my very favorite things is Acupuncture…does that one make any sense??
40. I love it when my phone rings, because it means someone is thinking of me!
41. I need a happy environment to be happy; pretty things, sweet things, positive quotes, cute charts, books and paper scattered about totally speak to me.
42. I don’t know how to exist in quiet…probably because “quiet” just doesn’t happen too often for me. Maybe that is why I hate to be alone…that and the fact that I’m just a big scaredy-cat!
Wow, that’s a lot of things about me.
Happy Birthday to me…
Happy Birthday to me…
Happy Birthday Dear Meeeeeeeee…
Happy Birthday to me!