Thursday, July 25, 2013
What I've learned about life and motherhood
I've been keeping a little notebook and jotting down some of the most important things I've learned along the way and I thought I'd share 'em with anyone who might be in need of a laugh or a pick-me-up..
1. Be patient with yourself. You won't get it all right the first time, but it's okay.
2. Never stop praying, hoping and believing.
3. Chocolate fixes most things, at least for the moment.
4. Ya know that dream you've been dreaming ~ today is THE DAY to make it a reality. Stop waiting for the perfect time, it's here!
5. Sometimes giving yourself a time-out is the best choice.
6. Hug your kids EVERY day.
7. Life isn't always fair; enjoy it anyway.
8. To inspire a child, show them where to look, not what to see.
9. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, then go do that!
10. Bask in the sunshine and dance in the rain.
11. Let your kids see you being their biggest cheerleader.
12. Find that place inside you where nothing is impossible. Believe in yourself!
13. Your heart cannot be at peace without forgiveness.
14. Falling in love is easy; the secret is to continue falling in love with that same wonderful person over and over and over...
15. Laugh until your tummy hurts.
16. God still performs miracles every day.
17. There will always be people who will treat you wrong, be sure to thank them for making you stronger.
18. Happy is a choice!
19. If you wish to stay young, play with your kiddos; your inner child can't help but join in on the fun!
20. Snuggle on the couch every chance you get, they grow up fast!
21. Surround yourself with those that allow you to be your best YOU.
22. Don't be afraid to Shine!
23. Teach your children HOW to think ~ not WHAT to think.
24. It's okay to like that super hot chick sitting next to you, even if she has more muscles in her little pinkie finger than you posses in your entire body! Just because she is beautiful doesn't mean you should hate her.
25. Always remember that the way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.
26. Say "I love you" every day!
27. A bad day does not equal a bad life.
28. If you can't find the time to pray and read your scriptures, you are way busier than God ever intended you to be.
29. Never prize what you do not have more than what you have been abundantly blessed with.
30. Tears are our special way of leaking out stress...
31. You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to; and of those you choose to entertain, it isn't necessary to win them all.
32. Embrace the little kid in you ~ growing up is overrated, especially if you forget to love life and see the wonders that surround you.
33. Don't allow those who do so little for you to control so much of your heart and emotions.
34. Let go of thoughts that don't strengthen you.
35. Sometimes all we can do is "Just Keep Swimming".
36. Remember, every situation has a bright side, it just depends which side you look at.
37. Your smile is a gift to others...share it!
38. I want to be the kind of mom that my girls look at and say, "I want to be just like her!"
39. Some moments in life are worth remembering forever.
40. Teach your children correct principles, love them with all of your heart and then hold on for the ride! They will make mistakes; this does NOT constitute failure on your part. This is their time for growth and learning and figuring out what they are made of and what they will make of themselves. You will both survive, I promise!
41. You might not always like them...It's okay....Loving them is enough.
42. Keep your promises.
43. When you look at a field of dandelions ~ do you picture only weeds? There is so much more...at one stage there is a beautiful valley of yellow; in the next, a hundred wishes waiting to be blown in the wind. Look a little deeper...
44. Talk to yourself the way you speak to those you love...YOU deserve it!!
45. If you're always racing to the next moment, you will miss enjoying the moment you're in.
46. First and foremost, you must make yourself happy; then you can spread that happiness to others.
47. Refuse to settle for less than you deserve.
48. Creating, in whatever form touches your heart, is essential to a happy life.
49. Kiss that sweet man of yours every single chance you get.
50. You're not always the most popular when raising kids, some days they just won't like you at all. That is okay...you are here to love them through all of their stages of life and to help them become who they are meant to be. The good news is that when they begin to have children of their own ~ you, once again, are placed on that pedestal you stood on when they were young and adored every move you made.
51. In every day, there is a miracle ~ don't miss it by focusing on the negative.
52. It's okay to let your children see you cry.
53. It's even better to let them catch you loving each another, don't be afraid to kiss and hug and dance and be crazy together right smack dab in front of them...it is good for their hearts to have an example of what true love looks like.
54. It really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of you, in fact, you will be better off never knowing...go ahead -- sing and dance in your car, try new things, keep being as silly as you wish, live your life to the fullest and never waste a single moment worrying about what others might think.
55. Remember that comparison is the thief of Joy...just be your best YOU, it really is enough!
56. You are living your happily ever after...enjoy it and make the most of it!