Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Doing What I LOVE...

Educating our children tops this list!!!

I LOVE the blessing of homeschooling all these wonderful children of mine!

I LOVE having my kiddos home with me!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing their eyes light up when that "ah-ha" moment hits...
I love sharing my favorite stories with them from when I was a little child, and I love that they bring those books back to me time and again to hear more.

I recently pulled out the one book that I remember owning as a little girl...
It is my favorite, quite possibly because I spent so many hours turning its pages.
This little gem of a book that I am referring to was written by Richard Scarry and published in 1973...yep, vintage!!!  And it's still a keeper, even in its sad state of repair!
It has officially been LOVED TO DEATH!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love this little tidbit that I found about him:
Mr. Scarry, who was born in Boston and moved to Switzerland in 1968, once wrote: 
"It's a precious thing to be communicating to children, 
helping them discover the gift of language and thought. 
I'm happy to be doing it."

He also shared these words...and this sooooo perfectly fits my experience!
"I'm not interested in creating a book that is read once and then placed on the shelf and forgotten.  I am very happy when people write that they have worn out my books, or that they are held together by Scotch tape. I consider that the ultimate compliment." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From the cheery sunshine on the first page, 
to the sleepy moon on the last
I am captivated.

The stories are simple,
the poems sweet,
the messages pure,
the illustrations colorful and fully engaging.
The stories speak to your heart,
they resonate goodness
and hope...
They make you feel as though it is perfectly wonderful and normal to lay upon the grass just watching all the creepy crawlies and magnificent buzzing insects...
as you turn the pages, fabulous things happen inside of you, smiles and laughter freely come from within and explode exuberantly...

















When I hold this wonderfully worn out book in my hands,
I am just like a little child again,
it is Magical and transforming,
I feel refreshed, alive, safe and happy.
I marvel and can't help but smile as the pages turn...
my heart is filled with joy as the words from those pages spring from my mouth to the ears of my sweet children.

When I share those words,
I feel as though
I am sharing part of me...
such a BIG part of me,
the part of me that never really grew up,
the part of me that still loves to dream and imagine...
the part of me that longs for moments spent laying beneath the stars or the clouds...
the part of me that loves exploring all this life holds...
the part of me that is ready at a moments notice to go rolling down the hillside, chase the butterflies, or catch the tadpoles...

When I am with my kids, the REAL me is NEVER afraid to come out...
I am as goofy, as silly, as wacko as I could ever desire to be...
I am filled with excitement and joy...
I am filled to overflowing when their joy and excitement meet up with mine ~
it's like the little person in me is playing with the little people I've created...
and we are kindred spirits
doing what WE love...




1 comment:

  1. Love the picture with all those toes! :-)

    ReplyDelete