Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Bears, Mermaids and Whales...Oh My!!!!


So it seems to me that most, if not all, women are somewhat obsessed by who they are, what they look like, what others think of them…
We forever compare ourselves to others...

Instead of fearing the Lions, Tigers and Bears in our lives...
our fears are based out of not being good enough, 
or looking fine enough, 
or fitting in just so...
we desire to become 
or to look like 
or to be as popular as
this person 
or that person...

 
I just have to share a couple short stories with you...
they'll give you something to think about and hopefully add a little laughter to your day!  ;)

 
A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption read: 
"This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?" 

The story goes, a woman (of clothing size unknown) answered the following way: 

"Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends
(dolphins, seals, curious humans),
they are sexually active
and raise their children with great tenderness. 
They entertain like crazy with dolphins
and eat lots of prawns.
They swim all day
and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia.
They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on Cd's.
They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires. 

Mermaids do not exist. 
But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality:
woman or fish?
They would have no sex life
and could not bear children.
Yes, they would be lovely,
but lonely and sad.
And, who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side? 

Without a doubt, I'd rather be a whale. 

At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends. We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.
Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself:
"How amazing am I ?! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her response!

And the next story....well, it just makes me giggle!!

In My Next Life I Want To Be A Bear

In my next life I want to be a bear.
If you're a bear, you get to hibernate. 
You do nothing but sleep for six months.
I could deal with that.
Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid.
I could deal with that, too.
If you're a bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute cuddly cubs.
I could definitely deal with that.
If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too.
I could deal with that.
If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. 
He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat. 
He KNOWS not to get between you and the food.

Yup..... Gonna be a bear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although these both make me laugh just a little, 
I have to admit I truly have no real desire to be a bear or a mermaid or a whale…

They all have their benefits ~ 
there are times that I think I could deal with having an extended nap, especially when it’s cold outside!  
I love the beautiful life of the whale 
and let’s face it, who wouldn't enjoy having the body of a mermaid (with the addition of a couple of legs)?

But since I’m never going to be 
a bear 
or a whale 
or a mermaid, 
I will focus on what I can become… 
I can become the very best ME there is!

There is no reason I can't have the body I dream of...
if I am willing to work hard enough for it...
why bother dreaming of looking like a mermaid???  
I can make anything I wish happen if it is important enough to me.
And I'm already living a life better than that of the bear or the whale...

If I REALLY wish to have that extended nap,
well, I'll just go climb under the covers and get up when I feel like it and that will be okay...and my little "cubs" can join me if they wish to.  
Not too often do I feel the need to swat anyone around me, but if so...well, I guess I could do that, too..so you might wanna watch out!.  ;)
Someday I just might be lucky enough to see all the wonder and beauty that the whale enjoys, but if not...that is okay...I see so much that they are never blessed to witness.
So, yea...
I think being ME is pretty alright
and I'm pretty alright...
so no real need to be a bear or a mermaid or even a whale.


I believe our true happiness comes when we finally really like the person we are ~
when we can look in the mirror and say to our reflection…
"You are one amazing person…"


No comments:

Post a Comment