Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Seattle!

If all of our kiddos were grown, I'd be strongly considering spending a few months living here!

Chad and I had so much fun.  Granted it was only about 24 hours worth of fun in this amazing city...but I will take what I can get!

We arrived Friday evening and had dinner in the Space Needle...
the view--nothing short of breathtaking!
The spinning dining room gave a feeling I hadn't expected ~ but after a few minutes I was oriented and all was okay in my little world!

Looking out over the city, I was quite sure I would NEVER want to live in a place as busy as this...
but it was so intriguing to witness...
I will say, I still feel that I could never live in place this busy (at least not while raising kiddos),
BUT...

after spending Saturday enjoying what this city had to offer,
I could be convinced to visit long term
(again, only if my kiddos weren't little people...not the place I'd want to be raising them). 
My one requirement would be that I live downtown within walking distance of Pikes Place Market and the Pier. 
No desire to have to drive anywhere or to have to attempt parking once I had driven. 

The market was charming beyond description! 

I've never in my life seen veggies and fruit and cheeses that I could say I felt excited about. 
I even had to photograph them...
that's how much in love I was with this produce! 
I know, I'm a little off my rocker, you'd have had to be there to appreciate it!

The one experience I could have done without, actually occurred as I was snappin' photos of that amazing produce. 
This "guy", all I can recall of him was that he had dark hair, dark eyes, a powerful voice and he stood a good shoulder and head above me...anyway, he came up and said, "Hey, you can't be taking pictures..."  I must have looked a little shocked and he told me he was just joking. 
Okay...dumb joke!
Then!
He asks me a question that stumps me...
"How do you get a cougar off your front porch?" 
Well, I am clueless as to what this man is saying to me. 
All I can think is why would a cougar be on your front porch. 
And if there is one there, stay inside!!!! 
Well, this is what he says next...
"Offer to buy her a pizza and invite her in." 

Yep, you go it...

I stood there with a blank look on my face...

I'm still thinking that we are talking about an animal and wondering why on earth a cougar would be sitting on your front porch. 
Then all of a sudden,
I realize this guy is picking up on me, and I might add in a VERY RUDE sort of manner. 
I must have given him my shocked look, he kindly touched my shoulder and apologized. 
I ran back up to my hubby and stayed quite close to his side the remainder of my time there!

Not sure I could handle something like that again. 
I've not had that kind of experience in sooooo many years! 
And I really didn't even know what to think or how to handle it.
I told my hubby about it and he just smiled and held my hand, I think he was laughing inside, but didn't want me to see it.  I'm a little slow sometimes.
Anyway..moving on...

Here are some of my yummy produce photos...I hope you love them as much as I did! Fresh Veggies and Fruit at Pike Place Market

Check out the garlic...BIGGEST garlic I've ever seen!!!


That is the coolest cauliflower ever!!!
Why have I never seen these things?


Different colored carrots and giant sized radishes...I just cannot get enough of this place!
type=text

Can you see the price tag on these amazing bouquets???
$10!
I could not believe my eyes!
The most beautiful flowers...
How I wanted to buy up bundles of them...
but they would never have survived our long drive home...
so photos would just have to suffice!

My other favorite place in the market was this sweet little Chinese Man...
ADORABLE!
He was an artisan...JEWELRY...
Chad saw his work while I was off on my little picture taking adventure.
Well, Chad loved his work and wanted me to come home with something "Special",
so I am now the very happy owner of a beautiful, unique, one of a kind bracelet.
I was sold as I listened to this sweet man speak...
I kinda have something for the Chinese ~
I'm thinking it must have something to do with such wonderful experiences with Accupuncture.
I know, once again, I'm a little strange, but this man was adorable.
I think that if he had just been any old person, I may not have been as drawn to his work. 
But he just had such a sweet little way about him.
He worked and molded the bracelet and as he did, he put it on and said,
"Oh, look it was made just for you, perfect fit...copper good for you...look good on you..."
I just loved him and walked away with a little something to have as a reminder of my splendid weekend in Seattle.

Well, after our wonderful little time in the market, we went on a CRUISE!!!!

It was only a 2 hour cruise, but it was oh so beautiful!!  It was called the Locks Cruise...quite interesting...
we traveled
 (hmmm.what do you call it when you are traveling on water??? 
we didn't actually sail since we weren't on a sailboat...
I guess we cruised through the water...
sounds good to me)
So, we cruised through the Seattle area checking out all the sites...
I thought we were on a fairly large "ship"? 
Boy, I should have done a little more thinking before writing about all of this.
Anyway, as I was saying,
I thought our ship was fairly large,
but in all actuality we were mighty shrimpy comparatively speaking.
It was Fascinating to see all the huge ships and the sailboats and the house boats. 
Oh how I loved the houseboats...
so charming!
I really wanted to just jump on board one and check it out. 
Instead I just admired them from my ship. 
 Don't you like that, "my ship"? 


I took so many photos,
but I loved the way the sunshine shimmers on the water with the landscape of the city behind. 

I simply cannot wait to visit somewhere, anywhere again. 
I am finding that it doesn't matter where we go,
I am always fascinated and intrigued by the newness that each location offers.
I'm pretty easy to please...we've only traveled a very few times...
I never felt I could leave all our kids, I am too busy being the Momma.
It feels like such a treat to be able to leave for a weekend with my hubby and not worry about our kiddos (okay I did worry about them, but I knew they were okay)
The point being, it's just a good thing to be able to have a little time away, to run around having a good time, being crazy, doing anything you wish, and not having to worry about watching and making sure everyone is safe and sound and accounted for and not wandered off somewhere lost.

But no matter if my kiddos are there or not, I find I am always drawn to things that make kids smile...
I cannot pass by a carousel
without wishing to jump on and find the most magnificent horse to hoist myself upon. 
I love the lights, the music, the joy...
I feel just like a little child...giddy with excitement!


I think I need to have a date with Sleepless in Seattle...
it might just become my favorite movie!

So happy to have had this time in Seattle...LOVED EVERY SINGLE MOMENT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment