Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Come What May...

and LOVE it!

My dear friend, Corrie, gave me a framed copy of this beautiful saying as a Christmas gift.

It could not have come at a more appropriate time in my life...
not that life is awful or disappointing or falling apart.
It is just changing.
It is challenging.
It is complex.
It is unexpected.
It is demanding.
It is intense.
It is unknown...


Sometimes the unknown is the very hardest part of all...
IF we knew what was around the next corner, we might find ourselves less apprehensive of the walk.  But...that is not the plan,
we would fail to grow.
Because, guess what???
We have the CHOICE to make that walk or turn around and not ever take a single extra step...
We really don't have to face that "scary corner" that lies ahead...
we could bury our head and avoid it OR we can push our way through with eagerness and courage!

I'm not sure what is coming.
I thought I knew...
I was excited,
I felt all giddy inside,
I was anticipating something BIG to be on my horizon.
I was ecstatic at the thought of living out part of my dreams,
BUT...as life sometimes shows us...things are not always as they seem.
In looking at some opportunities in life, we fail to see the BIG PICTURE...
Quite possibly the big picture for me wasn't fitting all together quite right...
a few pieces were missing,
or perhaps,
a few too many pieces were lying on the side of the puzzle not fitting in quite right.
Whatever the case may be...
I've decided to keep looking up...
keep believing,
and keep dreaming that AMAZING things are coming my way.
I'm just going to have to work like the dickens to bring them on...
I don't think they are going to walk in and plop themselves right into my lap (as it appeared was happening...maybe that saying "if it sounds/looks to good to be true, it probably is" was quite in effect)  Bummer!!!  Hate it when that happens...

BUT
the good news is...
I have thoughts, I have dreams, I have determination, I have the will to make something OUTSTANDING come to pass...

Now
I just have to roll my sleeves up and get to work!

Keep
your eyes watching...
This little girl is going to tackle the world and I plan to give it all I've got!

Come What May and LOVE it...

2 comments:

  1. John Denver sings a song, which was brought to mind by your post. It's called "Gravel on the Ground." He sings:

    If our lives would lie before us
    like a straight and narrow highway
    so that we could see forever
    long before we took the ride,
    we would never look to heaven
    make a wish or climb a mountain
    for we'd always know the answer
    what's on the other side.

    Maybe we don't get those things falling in our lap so we remember to look to heaven, climb a mountain, or just make our own decisions.

    ReplyDelete