Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Volumptous and Happy

For Family Home Evening last night, we focused on Gratitude. I know, not surprising for this time of year, but it was so sweet to hear what our kids are grateful for. I will spare you the list.

Well, this morning I was reminded of our conversations last night during my frustration of finding something to wear that wasn't too tight or too uncomfortable or, or, or...

I found myself grumbling about all of this extra weight and starting to feel sorry for myself. Then I had a thought...
I should be grateful to have a body. SO I went with that thought and am going to choose to look at myself through different eyes from now on. This volumptous body of mine is fantastic and I need to love it!!!

I may not have the body I wish I did, someday hopefully that will change, but until then I am not going to hate who I am and what I see looking back from the mirror at me. I have a fabulous body that is capable of so many incredible things...I can walk, I can play, I can explore, I can run (maybe if it's only for just a few short minutes, but I can do it), I can crawl around with my kiddos and get down on the floor to play games with them, I can skip down our lane or jump on the motorcycles or bikes to hang out with all my boys. I can do all things, because of I am blessed enough to have a body.

You could take that another direction...I could be starving, but I am not and these extra little curves are proof that we eat well ~ and if we ever run out of food, I'll probably survive a little extra time (I have my own food storage, there's a little attached on each hip) I know not a pretty picture, but when you are reaching to love your body as I am, you might as well look for all the reasons!!!

Another thought on that...I know that I had to fight hard in the pre-existence for my body, so why should I be dissing it here just because it's not as perfect as some other bodies prancing around. What an ungrateful thing to be doing!!!

SO, instead of beating myself up that I don't look like a teenager any longer, I will be grateful that my body made the teenagers that we have and remember that there is a time and a season for all things and to be grateful for all of these wonderful seasons of my life.

Here's to a Fantastic Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment