Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Really, Apologia???

Seriously???

I just want to shout out a HUGE
SHAME ON YOU, APOLOGIA!!!

After my last two posts regarding the Ultimate Homeschool Planner by Debra Bell and my addendum, along with the blog post Apologia published earlier today, I started looking a little further into what Apologia puts out about other religions.

Probably shouldn't have done that, cause I am fired up now!!!
So very disappointed.  :(

I have really enjoyed their Science Curricula and The Planner was pretty fantastic.
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT support a company that claims to be Christian, yet acts in such ways that do not at all depict being Christ-Like!

WHY, WHY, WHY??

I am looking at their catalog, page 63 to be exact; on this page is a listing of several online courses they provide to homeschooling families.

Are you ready for this???
Wow, I really was not!

WORLD RELIGIONS, CULTS, AND ISLAM
Semester 1:  World Religions & Cults
This is a survey of world religions, major cults, and other doctrines that challenge the historic Christian faith, including new religious movements.  Students will be trained to defend the exclusive truth of Christianity as they study the basic beliefs of major cults and world religions followed by biblical critique.

Semester 2:  Are Mormons & Muslims Christian?
Students will learn why Islam has grown to become the second-largest religion in the world.  This course will examine the Qur'an, Mohammed, Mecca, the history of Islam, and how Christians should respond to Muslims.  Emphasis will be on how to answer Islamic criticisms of the Bible and Christianity and how to share the gospel with Muslims.  We will also examine the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and its beliefs in many gods and universal salvation.

Whatever happened to teaching Christian values?
What has happened to teaching our children to love and accept one another?

I went a little further and found their Mission Statement, I find this interesting and entertaining considering the blog post they published to day and the online classes they provide.

Our Mission
Apologia Academy is committed to providing products, resources, and services that help homeschool families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith.  We offer online courses in apologetics for junior high and high school students - as well as adults - to provide the next generation with rational grounds for believing the truth claims of Christianity and to respond to objections raised against the true knowledge of God (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).  Learning to defend the Christian faith is a great way for young people to put their faith into action and become doers of the Word (James 1:22)!

I have no control over anyone else, so
I will just make the best choices for myself and continue on ~
I will move forward from this day
PROUDLY Proclaiming
that
I AM A CHRISTIAN!
I AM LDS!
I LOVE MY SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST
AND I WILL STAND FOR TRUTH!
I WILL HONOR HIM!
I WILL TESTIFY OF HIM!

AND I WILL LOVE OTHERS AS
I KNOW HE WOULD WISH ME TO DO...

I believe being a Christian includes exercising my faith and my belief and my love for Jesus Christ and for ALL fellow men...not just those who agree with my personal beliefs.

WE ARE ALL SONS and DAUGHTERS of our Heavenly Father, not a one of us is more precious in His eyes than another and the sooner we all start believing that and acting accordingly, the better.

Good night world...I'm going back to what I know and love best ~ being the Momma to all these wonderful children I've been blessed with!
I'm climbing off this big soap box and heading up to sleep with my little ones in their fabulous tent!


No comments:

Post a Comment