Homeschool Conference!!!


Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Look at all those beautiful little feet two people can create!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rodeo Time!!!

One of the great perks of being a 4-H leader is the free tickets we get for the rodeo. Tonight our family attended the Caldwell Night Rodeo...it was an awesome night, but I did have to close my eyes a few times!

Our littlest one was hysterical. She just couldn't watch anything they did with the calves. She would turn her head or close her eyes. It was just too mean for her :)

But then, at one point, she did turn around and the little calf was roped around the neck and "hog tied"...she gasped and said "Oh, the poor baby is dead!" She was quite relieved when they let it go and she witnessed it running away. That whole experience was just a bit much for her, but then I do have to remember she is out 3 times a day feeding little baby cows, so she is loving them and can't understand throwing them about and tying 'em up... Have to say, I might agree with her, but it was pretty amazing to watch the speed at which they could accomplish such a task!

It was fun to watch our "horse girl"...she was way checking out the cowboys...at the end I asked her which event she liked watching the most at the rodeo. While she was thinking and I added in, "Other than the COWBOYS!" We all laughed!


It was a fun night, but I am sure feeling sorry for those cowboys...don't even know how they will move in the morning ~ I wouldn't be moving for a week if I abused my body in such a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment